What I parted with at Christmas

gaildrake

I am feeling wonderful about what I'm about to do with my Sisters Choice block swap quilt . My Daughter does home health care and has a client who is an 84 yr old retired truck driver and she talks about him all the time. His name is Buck. Recently Bucks Daughter in law tried to "SUFFICATE' him. Yes, you read that right. Her attempt failed and he went over to his friends house and they saw his thin skin on his hands and arms all bloody and torn. Bucks friends also use my Daughter for health care and they immediately called her to come over. Well, Buck told her what happened and she took him to the ER where they called the authorities and they questioned Buck and they arrested his Daughter in law with a $5o,ooo bail. The son and daughter were living with Buck. But now he's at odds with them and they have moved but now poor Buck is not facing a very pleasant christmas so I have decided to quilt out my block swap top with all your names on it and where you are from and I will personally tell Buck when I deliver this to him and it was from all of us quilters. After all we all had a hand in it and You needed to know what you' ve done this Christmas who well deserves some joy

If you wonder how Buck got bloody hands and arms? I believe he was in bed and had his arms under the blankets and she sat on him and had her hand over his nose and mouth and he struggled to get his hands out to defend himself. l

I am so thankful that Buck was able to defend himself. Shame on her for even thinking she could do this to him...let alone trying it. The Lord certainly had His hands on Buck. What a thoughtful thing to do by giving him the quilt we all helped to make. You are so kind. Isn't this what the Christmas season is all about? A gift that none of us asked for...but we all need. Blessings to you for doing the right thing. Merry Christmas to your family and daughter.

in all my life, i have never cared where anything i have made has wound up.

but right now i am really hoping that you got one of my blocks. there is nothing more DISGUSTING than elder abuse. i would be honored to have my name on Bucks quilt.

The quilt will be finished being quilted today I'm sure. I am not looking for compliments as to what I'm doing, but just wanting you to know what your blocks are going to.

When I first got to doing block swaps with this forum I was excited to see just where all the blocks would come from and how many quilters I could put a face to by their photo on the forum. Doodlebug really had no idea when she started this that it would come to this I'm sure. There will be many more block swaps and as a matter of fact next month Doodlebug is starting a FRIENDSHIP block swap with the friendshop star. Imagine that!!!!!!!!!

Guest Linda S

This is what the spirit of the season is all about. . . well, the giving part, not the suffocation part. What a horrible thing knowing that someone wanted to kill you. I'm proud of him that he was able to fight back. Amidst the horror of knowing that someone wanted to take your life, imagine the thrill of being wrapped in the love of a quilt. Bless you for doing this.

O.K. I unpinned the quilt from the frame YIPPIE, I checked the signatures and these are what I found.

I think you will be happy knowing your sewn block is apart of this giving.

KAREN BENNETT=====AUSTRAILIA

VICKIE MALSE======= DUBUTH GEORGIA

JOANN KABAT

LAURIE CLINTON======NORFOLK VIRGINIA

CHRIS GANT=========DACYKA GEORGIA

GAIL DRAKE==========WILLOWS, CALIFORNIA

You've got the true meaning of Christmas (or whatever you celebrate) down pat!! I hope Buck finds peace and happiness and a SAFE place to live!!

My 94-year-old mother lives with us; and I just can't even begin to imagine someone trying to hurt her!

You know, in some other countries, Vietnam for one; the elders take care of the babies. If they are able. It gives them a purpose and reason to live and go on and makes them feel worthy. It also teaches children values and morals.

Gail, I just came across this thread -- and I'm speechless at the horrendous actions of people.

Bless your heart for what you are doing for Buck, and bless your sweet daughter as well. There is nothing better than to be wrapped in a quilt of love and hope.

Thank you for sharing this story, it really makes me, and I'm sure others, think about those in need and how we can help -- no matter what time of year.

What I parted with at Christmas

Dear Gail :)

You did not part with this beautiful quilt. You simply are sharing; passing on love. I think that even after years, this quilt will remain in your heart. It has not and will never part from you, sweet thoughtful Gail. Blessings to you, for giving your heart and acting with the true spirit of this Christmas. Hugs to Buck as he goes through this very difficult time; poor guy!

Thank you all for bringing this up to the top. I'm just coming back to see if I can access successive pages... will still check that out..

I do remember the devastating occurances happening to Buck.. and have been praying for Rick.. Good thing God knows who we are praying for.

If Buck moves back to his home, I pray someone will also change all the house locks and check the window latches for security.

God Bless you for your hearts Generosity.

Archived