KAREN McTavish is coming to Grand Island, Nebraska!!

Zebra_2

KAREN McTAVISH COMING TO GRAND ISLAND NEBRASKA!!

All workshops will be held at:

Material Girl Fabrics

3415 West State St.

Grand Island, NE 68803

Workshops are scheduled as follows. APQS Longarm quilting machines will be provided for hands on classes.

“Mastering the Art of McTavishing” and “Custom Heirloom Quilting” are also open to domestic machine quilters. If you prefer to quilt on a domestic machine you will need to bring your machine.

Class Schedule:

Monday – January 24, 9-12 am - Mastering the Art of McTavishing

Monday – January 24, 1-4 pm - Victorian Feathers

Tuesday – January 25, 9-12 am - How am I Supposed to Quilt That?

Tuesday – January 25, 1-4 pm - Custom Heirloom Quilting

Wednesday – January 26 All Day – Wholecloth Design

Thursday – January 27, 9-12 am - Custom Heirloom Quilting

Thursday – January 27, 1-4 pm - How am I Supposed to Quilt That?

Friday - January 28, 9-12am - Victorian Feathers

Friday - January 28, 1-4 pm – Mastering the Art of McTavishing

Saturday – January 29, – Lecture/Trunk Show 2-3pm $5.00

Book Signing, Open House and APQS Longarm Machine Demos – NO CHARGE

For more information or to check availability of classes please call Becky at 308.234.9007 or 308.440.9774 or email info@sewfari.com

PAYMENT OPTIONS

Visa, Master Card, or Discover

Money order, personal checks, Paypal

Cancelation Policy: Workshops are purposely small and materials need to be ordered, so your commitment is critical to cover costs. Cancellation notice must be received within 10 days of the workshop in order to receive a refund. If the instructor cancels the workshop, you will receive a full refund of the student fees. Workshops may be cancelled if they are under subscribed 30 days before they are scheduled to begin.

CLASS DESCRIPTIONS

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO QUILT THAT? – 3 Hours

This class is for any quilter that needs direction in designing quilting ideas for un-quilted tops. Karen will take the mystery out of designing quilt tops with very simple instructions. Students will bring quilt tops to class and see how the professionals figure it all out and turn boring quilts into award winning quilts!

MASTERING THE ART OF McTAVISHING CERTIFICATION CLASS – 3 Hours

Hands On class for Longarm and domestic machines.

This class will help you master, understand and quilt the popular background filler called McTavishing. This background filler is all the rage! Quilts become award winning from appliqué to wholecloth. Become a certified trainer in this quilting style. You will then be able to teach this technique to others at local quilt shops and/or offer this class if you are already teaching quilting techniques.

VICTORIAN FEATHERS – 3 Hours

Hands-on for Longarm Quilters

This class is all about Victorian Feathers – how to place the feathers in a quilt without marking and how to make them look hand-quilted. It is a very fast way to achieve today’s heirloom style without the time commitment of marking the quilt. This is a great class for those who are in a rut and need something new!

CUSTOM HEIRLOOM QUILTING – 3 Hours

Hands-on for Longarm or Domestic Machine Quilters

Topics include instruction in traditional quilting, using heavy quilting, stencils and full traditional feathering. Includes a trunk show of wholecloth/trapunto quilts, demonstration and instruction in designing traditional quilting for show or customer quilts. Hands-on instruction in contemporary traditional background quilting, and in how to achieve "non-stop" cross-hatching and other very traditional background fillers. Marking tools and feathering techniques for hand-quilted effects, as well as discussion of useful products and the business of longarm quilting. There are many question and answer opportunities. The class is geared toward the intermediate to advanced quilter although others are welcome. Curved Crosshatching will also be covered in this class in conjunction with Karen’s latest book.

WHOLECLOTH DESIGN CLASS – 6 hours

For beginner *hand-quilters, domestic or longarm quilters, “Wholecloth Design Class” is an all day event, where no quilting machines are needed. This is a class which results in a large wholecloth, which is entirely marked by the student and is ready for trapunto, hand-quilting, or machine quilting by the end of class. This one day class is for anyone who would like to design an original wholecloth from scratch. Table spaced will be provided for each student.

Becky Andreasen

APQS Sales Representative

The Sewfari Quilting Co.

Kearney, NE

308.234.9007 or 308.440.9774

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

Just wanted to update a few details!

You can now register and pay online on my website. www.sewfari.com (Mail and/or calling is still an option.) Please ignore my very much in need of updating website. It's on my bucket list!

We changed the time of the Saturday Trunk Show to 1:00pm.

I'm reserving a block of rooms more than likely @ Sleep Inn (close to MGF), unless I can find a better discounted rate. Will know more in a couple days in case anyone needs a place to stay.

So far there are still openings in all of the classes.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Becky

• 2 weeks later...

Archived