stitch regulator

Guest Linda S

When I test drove my rep's Millennium, it seemed that it made a doorbell sound at first and then the sound went off. When I first got my Liberty and it chirped and stayed chirping, I thought I would go nuts!! I just couldn't believe that I would have to listen to that sound all the time. Now I don't even hear it! :P I guess I get so wrapped up in the designs I'm trying, I don't even pay attention to it. Then, if I put music on, or a book on tape, it just fades into the background.

Give Connie a call -- I think the doorbell shuts off, the chirp stays!

Linda

Hi

Could it be that you are only pressing the blue button? Engaging the SR and then hitting ANY button will it down, that is a safety feature. After you engage the SR you must hit the blue button and the control button at the same time. Then when you move the head the machine will begin to stitch. Also if you wish to pause the machine while it is in the SR mode, hit control/blue again and you will still hear the ding dong but the machine will not stitch till you hit control/blue again. Get it?? I LOVE this feature and use it all the time! :D

Holla if you need more assistance!

I didn't use my stitch regulator for the first month or so....between the chirp and the motor noise.....kinda of a "I really don't want to stitch" grind I was too scared I would mess something up. So I just sort of winged it for a bit. Then I was working with a ruler and decided now was the time to try the SR.

I really do love that little chirp. After a while you don't hear it at all, and the motor noise was more my hesitation...poor thing didn't know if it should stitch or not. I seem to be over that, too.

Cheryl

Hi All,

Yes, you should hear the chirp all the time! Sherry was totally right, be sure you engage the S.R. before you do the command and blue! If the yellow light is not flashing and the chirp is not chirping, it probably isn't in S.R.

If you have troubles, let us know!

Connie Hurst

APQS Service Mgr/Tech.

800-426-7233 ext.6

FYI..... Our 800 # was down all day on Monday and is suppose to be fixed today!

Sorry if you were trying to get through and couldn't!!!!!

Guest Linda S

I think the constant chirping is a safety feature, i.e., if it's chirping, you know that if you move the head, you're going to start stitching. If you don't hear the chirping, you're liable to think the machine is not running and go to move the machine and sew through your finger or a ruler or something that was on the quilt top that you hadn't planned on being affected. Probably you should get your chirp fixed.

Linda

• 11 months later...

Archived