Warm and Natural Prices going up!

I just received an email stating that Warm & Natural prices are going up on Jan 20th by 12%. This is due to their cost of cotton raw materials almost doubling. They are saying that because they have improved production capacity they are offsetting much of the increase.

You can go to their website to find out more.

I guess other batting manufacturers will follow suit, so it's time to stock up!

Hi All,

Yes, this has been a thing lately because of the increase in raw cotton (highest in 15 years - just google it!).

FYI Pellon Legacy batting prices are remaining the same. How do I know? Cuz I'm a regional long arm distributor for PA for them. I loved their products before this or I wouldn't have become a distributor. Now is an even better time to try them out - you won't be disappointed!

P.S. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays or whatever you celebrate this season!:cool::D;):P:cool::D;):P

Hey Roseann. That's good to hear. My local distributor (here in Canada) is just getting into the Legacy battings. I picked up a bolt of their 100% cotton. It seems a bit thinner than W&N, but that is good because a lot of my customers feel the W&N is too heavy. The bolt I have seems to have some 'seeds' in it? I.e. it is a little bumpier than the W&N. Does this soften after washing? I have only used it once so far, but it quilted up nicely..

Yes, Pellon's 100% cotton is thinner than Warm & Natural. I've quilted with it without any problems but haven't washed it yet. I'm assuming that it will stay soft or get softer with the wash. As far as the "seeds", I know that Pellon does take pride in quality but where these battings are manufactured there may be a chance for some stray seeds to get in. One thing that I can say about Quilter's Dream is that I've never had a seed in any of their battings, but I'm really happy with Pellon's battings and quality!

Hope you get to try their battings!:D

I really dislike seeds in my batting! I frequently had that issue with W&N. Now I never buy it for my own quilts. I use QD almost exclusively. I love their products.

I do have most of my customers bring me bats from JoAnn's they they've purchased with their 40% off coupons, or buy it when it is 50% off. I can't blame them for opting for the sale prices, but I am sticking to QD myself. :)

• 4 weeks later...

With the recent price increases in battings, Pellon Legacy is now considerably less expensive than similar items from Hobbs, Warm & Natural, and Dream Cotton. The program that Legacy has with long arm distributors like myself is designed to get batting into the hands of long arm quilters at the absolute lowest pricing on quality batting in the marketplace. The program is simple. Legacy sells us batting at a discount. We buy large quantities, which reduces the freight to up to 66% off UPS shipping costs and we pass along the savings to you.

I'm a distributor for Northern Illinois. If you need price-lists, send me an e-mail or U2U. If I'm not the distributor in your area, I will make sure it reaches them. The best way to save, is to also save on reshipping. Thus, getting a local distributor is the best resource for you.

Cotton prices are getting outrageous! China is hoarding the futures which is the main issue driving the prices. Cotton prices have risen over 100 % in the last year. As a quilter, I greatly appreciate that the batting companies have held off as long as possible to pass on any increase. Warm has passed on the highest increase I know of so far. Legacy/Pellon says they are holding but there price is still very comparable to Hobbs ( $3 difference on their 80/20 price to distributors after the Hobbs increase). I don't personally know what Dream is doing but do know that many" Dream" quilters are calling and switching to Hobbs Tuscany Cotton / Poly/ and Wool because of price. I guess it is a sign of the times. As much as we want to be exempt from price increases it isn't really realistic when you see the price of milk etc going up. The nice thing to remember is that at least with Hobbs the 80/20 price for example only increased approx 27 cents a yard. The other item to be watchful of is the shipping. Ups has recently had a significant increase as we have also seen with trucking. Please never hesitate to ask for a shipping quote from whomever you buy your batting from rather than be shocked later!

I have not increased my wholesale prices yet to allow quilters to get some on hand if they choose. Please expect a small increase Feb. 1st on Hobbs products containing cotton from Quilted Memories.

P.S. We have just become distributors for YLI thread! We are happy to put thread in the end of your batting saving you any addl shipping for your thread.

Sorry such a long post but we all need to know where the costs might be a surprise!

Lyn Heilman

Official Hobbs Distributor

YLI Thread Distributor

lyn@quiltedmemoriesllc.com

913-492-8877

Archived