QD Poly Quality Changed?

About 3 years ago a bought LOTS of rolls of Quilters Dream, so am just now starting to run out and re-order. This time, among other types, I ordered 'throw size' packages of Quilters Dream Poly Select Loft. This batt is not as thick or dense as the same batting I bought on a roll (both 60" and 93"rolls) 3 years ago.

I am disappointed, as the reason I buy QD and pay the premium price is for the higher quality. Has anyone else noticed the change?

joan, i can't speak about QD but I will say that I too have noticed a difference between another brand of packaged batting and the same batting on a roll. I definitely find the packaged batting to be not as consistent as the roll. I am grateful that most of my customers let me use my batting on a roll; when I see that packaged batting coming towards me I sort of cringe, but then I bite the bullet and go for it. but there is definitely a difference. sorry to hear that you are finding the same thing with QD. I only have a couple of packages of QD ... i do have the blend (70/30) on a roll and I like it. I have only used the blends and the wool. I haven't gotten into the poly yet.

Archived