How did this happen??? What do I do now? Quilt now home!!!

Christmas has been great all day until I started to post my last completed quilt. Two years ago my husband's aunt passed away. Me being the person I am offered to make a quilt out of her clothing. Well all the clothing sat in my studio until this fall and we decided to make a string pieced quilt. I work on this so long and hard. Stiiched it on paper, squared the blocks and sewed them together, then removed the paper and added the borders. Then quilted it this week and sewed the last stip of binding on Christmas Eve. Her daughter will be here next week. Do I unstitch and reposition the block and requilt or leave it as be???? It's only 120 inches square!

post--13461905199414_thumb.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by lindasewsit

Dell, Maybe I'm just really tired, but I don't see anything that would need to be undone .....I think it looks great! I would NOT take anything apart! I think it looks great! REALLY~~ Merry Christmas~~!!!! linda

IT just jumps out at me soooooooooooooo bad!!!

post--13461905199622_thumb.jpg

dell, leave it as is. Several years ago I pieced a log cabin for my hubby...quilter quilted it .... gave it to hubby .... put on foot of our bed and it was used as a cuddly quilt for 2 years. One day we were refolding it and he said, "look at this ... it's so different ... how unique!" I looked and ... yep, one of the blocks was turned. We laughed and I told him it was his God quilt ... nothing/no one is perfect is except God. I never noticed it and Quilter never saw it. Just accept it as it is ... this is the way it is suppose to be. God loves you and He loves this quilt. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Dell, The quilt is finished, very pretty, and to be picked up this week. to frog and redo would be a lot of stress.. which none of us need..

I'm still not sure I see the error.. one area is a possibility..

Enjoy and and Unless the recipient is a quilter or scrapbooker, probably won't know it's there.

Very Nice job!!

Archived