How did this happen??? What do I do now? Quilt now home!!!

I saw the top in person and it is even more lovely than the pictures. The quilt is huge, and the blocks are all color coordinated; doesn't look like it is made of clothing. Her family will cherish this quilt and fondly remember family events and special times spent wearing the clothing represented in the blocks pieced together with such care.

Dell, the quilt is beautiful, and no one but you will notice it. We all had a hard time spotting it even after you pointed it out!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thank you everyone for your support. I dreamed about this all night I think. I think you have convienced me. I forgot to tell you the other things about the quilt. When loading it a seam was not sewn "well" and I had to unsew the strip and relpaced it! Then I was quilting away and a very small unsewn seam caught the foot and in trying unsew I cut the quilt top. batting and backing. Metro thread on top and bottom and 80/20 used for the batting. The panto is Chaparal by Patricia Ritter.

I think everyone for you support and I believe I can now let it be. Here is a close up for Kristina.

Hope all had a wonderful Christmas and are staying safe and warm! We are wet and it is getting colder here in FLA.

Thanks for all you r support, it means so much to me!

post--13461905199845_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by Beachside Quilter

I saw the top in person and it is even more lovely than the pictures. The quilt is huge, and the blocks are all color coordinated; doesn't look like it is made of clothing. Her family will cherish this quilt and fondly remember family events and special times spent wearing the clothing represented in the blocks pieced together with such care.

Dell, the quilt is beautiful, and no one but you will notice it. We all had a hard time spotting it even after you pointed it out!

Vickie you are so sweet. Thank you for your very kind words. You always make me smile!!!!

Okay all the votes are in so I will not unsew. I have been working of the lable. I have it made and will sew it on tonight then post a picture tomorrow!

Thanks again for talking me out of redoing the block!!!!!!!! YEA!!!!!!! I'm happy daning!!!

Originally posted by Beachside Quilter

Dell, what a wonderful idea to use her hankie for the label! Great job all around! Happy dancin' with ya!!

As soon as we finished dancin' I got quilts to quilt!!!!!

Starting in the morning!!! And it is suppose to go down to 22 degrees tonight!!!!!

Now for thr rest of the story! Eddie called me last night. They were getting dinner to take home (where they are staying) to eat. I told her to bring it here and eat while the visited. They are leaving to today to go back to their home.

They came, ate and we chatted. Then I got up and got the quilt. Told her to close her eyes and then laid the 10 pound king sized quilt and tissues in her lap. Yep she cried. We opend it up so she could see. And I told her the saga of the the turned block. Told her about the forum voting and she wanted to read it. So we read the forum and prinited a copy for her. I taped an index card over the picture showing where the turned block was. She didn't want to know where the block was but loved the story and that I named the quilt her mom's favorite hymn "I'll Fly Away" Eddie wants me to put it in the quilt show in Feb 2011 so of course I will!

She asked me what she could do for me. I told her she already had. She let me have the joy of making the quilt. What else could I ask for?

Don't you just love happy endings!!!

Archived