Longarm class - Beyond the basics 1/22/11 Wash DC area

juliagraves

I will be having a long-arm quilt class on Saturday 1/22/11 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at my studio in Bowie MD, near Washington D.C.

This class is the free Beginner Class offered to new APQS owners, but is useful for owners of any longarm. It is designed for people that know how to operate a long-arm sewing machine and have quilted a few quilts, and now want to go beyond the basics.

While this class uses the APQS long-arm machine, the vast majority of the material applies to any long-arm machine and is also useful for domestic machine users. Cost is $100 (free to new APQS long-arm owners); bring your own lunch. Please contact me if you are interested by email at juliagraves@verizon.net or phone at 301-860-1376.

The goal of this class is to teach you the skills you'll need to accomplish a typical quilting project. Attendees should be familiar with your machine's controls. Whether you intend to start a business or just want to get your quilts done faster, you'll learn valuable techniques to accomplish your projects creatively and efficiently. This class is mostly "demonstration" so we can squeeze in as much information as possible.

We will cover specific topics during each class, however, each class is unique and based on the needs of the students. We encourage questions and active participation -- you're here to learn!

Bring all your questions about operating the machine, business practices, thread, tension and anything else you can think of. This is a demonstration/lecture class. No hands on time will be available. Information we will cover includes:

- Starting a business

- Thread, tension, batting

- Deciding how to quilt a quilt

- Dealing with problem quilts

- Different methods for loading quilts

- Pantographs

- Borders

- Stitching a block

- Marking quilt designs

- Ruler work

*Free to qualified new APQS owners or $100

When:

Saturday, January 22nd, 2011

10 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Where:

Special Occasion Quilts

Julia Graves

13011 6th St

Bowie, MD 20720

(301) 860-1376

juliagraves@verizon.net

www.soquilts.com

Located in Old Town Bowie, near Hwy 564 and Hwy 197. (Near Washington D.C.).

Attendance is limited. If you are interested in registering for this class please do so as soon as possible.

If you are interested in classes but these dates don't work, please contact Julia and you can be added to her mailing list to be contacted regarding future classes.

Still have 1 spot left! This is a great class if you are starting out with your machine and have a lot of questions. We demo lots of techniques and discuss the pros and cons of different ways of doing things.

Hands-on classes are also available - email me for more info. juliagraves@verizon.net.

Julia

Archived