Lenni not working!

I am wondering if anyone can help me--please! I was quilting along tonight and my Lenni just stopped working. The needle up/down button and the stop/go both stopped working. I had previously had a problem tonight with thread build up around my flywheel and I think I fixed that, however shortly after getting started again the machine stopped working. I checked the fuse, which looks fine and I turned the machine on and off. When I turn it on the light goes on but the needle does not go down and up as it normally would and the machine still won't drive. When I turn the stitch regulator on it chirps away as usual but still no buttons working. If anyone has had this problem or may have some idea of what's going on, I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Thoroughly frustrated, Lisa

Lisa, a little bit of brainstorming here:

First, can you cycle the needle up and down by turning the flywheel by hand? If it moves freely, then the mechanism isn't bound up somewhere. If not, then something is frozen in place, either mechanically or by a thread build-up somewhere.

Second, do you get the same response with your controls at the back of the machine? If so, then the problem isn't in your controls, but maybe somewhere in the circuit boards.

You can try unplugging and replugging all the cables - sometimes that's all it takes.

Also, you don't say where you are located. If you're in Canada, you have more than one fuse to blow.....

Hi Barb,

Thanks for your reply, I'll have to try those things. The needle does move up and down when I turn the flywheel by hand and it seems to do so freely but I am worried that there may still be thread in there that I can't see.

I do get the same response at the back of the machine as well.

I am located in Canada and am not sure where the other fuse is, that might help too!!

I am going to try unplugging and replugging everything first but, where is the second fuse?

Thank so much, Lisa

I don't know where your second fuse is, but I had my George act similar a while back. If your Lenni keeps blowing fuses, be sure to call Monday to APQS. They will be able to let you know the other options. My George had a problem with the circuit boards in the motor and the foot pedal. I sure hope it is just a fuse for you.

Thanks Barb,

I decided to take the top off of my machine and take a look for the other fuse and it was blown. I am so excited about learning these things, especially after the holiday rush, not before. Thanks so much for your help, I will definitely be back on this forum, it's a great place to help and get help. I am very excited!!

Lisa

Lisa, I haven't actually ever laid eyes on the extra fuse(s) APQS has to put in the Canadian machines - hopefully one of our Canadian Reps will chime in here! I just know that the Canadian machines require one or more fuses in addition to our US fuses.

Thank you everyone for your help. I am new to the forum and am so glad I joined. I read through the manual for the fuse size and have now replaced it, it was blown. I am a little nervous but am about to try the new fuse out, the needle did go up and down when I turned on the machine so that's a good sign. Does anyone have any ideas as to why the fuse would blow, I know that it is a fuse for the motor but am not sure what could be a cause for this to happen??

Thanks

Lisa

Lisa,

If you blew yet another fuse, your best bet is to call Amy tomorrow morning - she can walk you through what's happening with your Lenni. And be sure to keep your rep in the loop, even if you call APQS direct, so she (or he) can help you in the future.

Keep us posted on what you find out - someone else may need that information in the future!

If there are any Canadian quilters out there it would probably be helpful to know--if the "motor" fuse on your machine keeps breaking, you can go to a bigger fuse. Either a 2.5 or 3 amp fuse. It seems to have helped with the problem I was having but I also checked the flywheel for thread. That was what Amy had suggested and I have been quilting a little and it seems ok, so far! Thanks for everyone who helped me with this problem.

Lisa

It is "ALWAYS" a bad idea to put a larger size fuse in anything! Fuses are matched to the load, at least that is what an engineer will do. If the circuit is blowing fuses, there is something that is wrong. If the circuit was incorrectly fused during development, then it's up to the manufacturer to send an engineering notice, recall notice, or whatever your "design error" notification method is, to let all purchasers know about it. I know were talking low power here, but if it causes a fire, shock, etc. you accept that responsibility by altering what the manufacturer has put their approval on.:)

In the APQS machines for Canada, there is an extra fuse which is much smaller than the 3.14amp, there are 2 and one is 2amp and is near the motor at the back of the machine.The main one is 3.14amp. Amy had said that the second fuse could be the same size as the main (3.14amp) as long as it is still slow blow. That is what I ended up doing and it has worked, the machine has been running fine. The second fuse is in place in machines in Canada only due to CSA standards.

Archived