Stained glass window

I got a stained glass window quilt in and the customer wants it SID. Great, except it is the first quilt for her and the "leading" is 1/4" wide. In most places the leading is that wide and in some it isn't. Will I be okay SID two times in each or is it going to be too much? Thank goodness my thread matches it perfectly!! Any help is very much appreciated!!

Kelly

These give me nightmares....one year 9 customers took a class and all decided that they wanted them all quited just alike, they were for a quilt show and they were huge 95" x 95". Lucky for me some of the customers didn't take the care as maybe yours did that I was able to talk them all into a meander inside the backgrounds....the leading has to be perfect for a SID technique, the fabric underneath the leading fabric must to solid or it will pop out when you do a SID. It was just much easier to talk them into the other way. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you know, I finished the stained glass window. I SID the whole thing, it was only a twin, but boy was there a lot of stitching to be done!! It turned out very well, I thought, but the deciding moment was when the owner and her sister came to pick it up. Both women were very happy with my work. Boy did that do me good to hear! They have several outings planned for this quilt to show it off. They took several of my cards and are planning on doing quite a bit of advertising for me. I am so proud of myself. When I bought my Mille, SID was one of the important things that I wanted to do, since no one else wants to. Just an update.

Kelly

• 8 years later...

Archived