OMG! 3rd Place

So I entered this quilt contest at our local quilt shop. It was for Christmas and the quilt had to have a wreath in it, or be of a Christmas wreath. So I thought about it a while and came up with a Hawaiian Christmas theme. A surfer on a surfboard and his doggie in front of his board riding the wave with him. The dog had the wreath around his neck. I took ribbon and sewed a lei around the surfer's neck and put a Santa hat on him with a pompom at the end. I originally was going to have the surfer waving his hand "shaka", but as the quilt was coming into place (you know how we all change our minds halfway through a quilt), I decided to add the ukulele instead. Definitely an original design, a surfer on his surfboard, riding a wave with his dog and playing an ukulele, LOL! People went into the store and voted for their favorite quilt (I didn't go into the store and vote 10 times, LOL! I promise!) But I just found out, my quilt took 3rd place. It's my first Ribbon! I'm going to keep that up in my sewing room and treasure it.

post--13461905293759_thumb.jpg

Archived