Sign in to follow this  
Busy Quilting

Lyn - Busy Quilting is Safe

I am lucky we were 60 feet above the flood height of the lockyer valley floods. We have spent two days now without power water or phone. We have been able to get a generator out of Toowoomba but have very restricted access to anywhere due to road damage.

Our house phone has been reconnected but the only internet is through my husbands phone.

We have plenty of food etc and now with generator have hooked up the water tank pumps and our septic system. I was allowed into Toowoomaba to fill the car with fuel and get some more petrol for the generator.

We have no idea when water and power will be restored.

The force of the water through the creek croosing the road to our estate was horrendous. To see 100feet high trees being knocked over and resultng noise will stay with me for a while.

17" of rain in ten days--4"in the hour was the damaging fall.

Our neighbourhood is pulling together. We have the only gas hot water so are the community shower point now the septic is working.

The neighbourhood will visit us this afternoon for woodfired pizza. Yumm.

It may be a while before I get back on .

Thank you for all your thoughts.

Lyn seeing some sun for the first time for ages!!! AND lots of helicopters!

Lyn Crump   Hand Guided 2013 Millenium Blissed and Gliding    APQS Sales Rep SE Qld Australia   www.busyquilting.com.au   On Facebook and Instagram as BusyQuilting

Attitude is everything - So pick a good one!

Great to hear Lyn,

I became worried because your Blog posting was prior to the storm surge up there. We had 10" in 4 hours here yesterday. We had 2 1/2 metres of rain last year. It is just mindboggling. Basically the atmosphere picked up the rain of the ocean and dumped it on us and further inland towards Wivenhoe and Toowoomba.

We had two sunny spells today but they were shortlived..... we are still getting more rain as I type. Like I said, at least we are only inconvenienced by road closures, my house and family/ies are safe!

Stay happy and Safe,

Susanne

6197ad4b327055d9f6b6b98deb02371b.png

http://community.webshots.com/user/NeedlesNest

"The Essentials to happiness are... something to love, something to do and something to hope for." - William Blake

So glad to hear our friends on this forum from Australia are safe and sound AND are in a position to help their hard hit friends and neighbors. The devastation is unimaginable for those of us looking on from the outside, my thoughts and prayers are with all of the people who have lost so much.

AA76A44A7CC0D6CC64369D0A58EB1B29.png

Fox Hill Quiltworks LLC

http://foxhillquiltworks.blogspot.com

05' Millie Hand Guided

Circle Lord Equipped

This video gives us some idea of the force of the water! I'm sure the insurance companies will be very busy, and maybe broke before all claims are settled. Or maybe flash floods aren't covered?

The video shows one man who got his car out of the parking lot just in time to keep it from being washed down the "creek" with all the other cars in the parking lot!

http://video.theaustralian.com.au/1735576463/Inland-tsunami?area=videohighlights1

Our prayers go out to all of you!

14EABCCA535C11FE692767BF2F0B87E2.png

DIGITIZED Designs for Computerized Quilting

The POCKET GUIDES to Freehanding

eppd@telus.net

Hi Lyn

It was great to hear your voice today! We'll find out about using the generator in the morning from Amy. I'm sure its OK but another 12hrs to hear from Mike or amy will be worth it.

i've spoken to most of our APQS owners in Queensland now and all are OK - no damage to homes which is great news but a few close calls.

Did you all see the tv footage of the 500 m - 300 ton (I think) walkway that broke through the pylons that kept it in place. It was floating down the Brisbane river, right in the centre of Brisbance town centre, and had to be nudged in place by a tiny tugboat as it floated down the river, so that it wouldn't hit the bridge supports or the yachts moored along the river.

Best wishes to everyone in Queensland, we are thinking about you.

sue in australia

sue in australia

APQS Australia

CQ Australia

613 9769 0248

smorris@comcen.com.au

Wow, glad you are all safe. We certainly can't control Mother Nature!

Roseann M. Noll

Phoenix Rose Quilts

Elysburg, PA

Pellon Legacy Regional Long Arm Batting Distributor

Check me out on Facebook under Phoenix Rose Quilts! :)

Lyn so glad to hear from you, Sue also. I'm with everyone here, the videos are horrible to watch especially since we know many quilters in Queensland. My prayers are with you all. I'm sure there's others who cannot write to us because of the reasons Lyn expressed. We're here to help, where possible.

Connie
Port Huron, MI   48060
APQS Sales Rep and Educator
Millennium with Intelliquilter (IQ)

"Be a good listener, your ears will never get you in trouble" Frank Tygr

sewsweetgator@aol.com
http://www.yoursite.com
287890c1690b93fca26ac74c1d32b308.png

Lyn and Susanne - great to hear you're both safe and sound - the pictures on TV were unimaginable, incomprehensible. I hope you get all the help you need to rebuild your lives.

My thoughts and prayers are with all Queenslanders just now.

My grand-daughter is in Brisbane at present visiting relatives but fortunately they are on higher ground. She will have to wait until the flood level goes down to return back too her home in Mackay.

Those floods are in sharp contrast with the heat over here in Perth ( west coast of Australia ) We've had temperatures in the 30s and 40's it seems for ages. And the bush is so dry, fire is a real risk.

Shelley

Heritage Country Quilting

Western Australia

2009 APQS Millenium, hand guided.

'Waltzing Matilda" or Milly Tilly!

Great to hear you are safe. OUr hope all is back to normal shortly!!!

Jane and Dave (Grasshopper) Brown APQS Dealer,Quilt Design,Piecing,Long Arm Quilting Custom Racks, Wall Hangers, L.A. Clips, Millie and Lenni front Laser Brackets, Sundries. www.countryquiltsncrafts.com Randolph, Wisconsin

Thanks for the update; hang in there!!

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

So glad to hear that our forum family is safe. Can't imagine the devastation of your country. Know that we are praying for safety and a stopping of the rain.

068AE7983835931B5513447E68ECA1B3.png

Bekah

Shepherd's Garden Quilting

APQS Sales Representative

APQS Millenium

www.shepherdsgardenquilting.com

Hi SueM

I heard about the Brisbane River walkway going 'walkabout' or should that be 'floatabout'? This has been the most amazing & terrifying flooding I've ever heard of. I keep checking maps but still can't visualize what a vast area has been affected.

I'm so glad to hear that most of our forum friends are safe. My heart goes out to all in Queensland who are suffering or have lost family or homes.

I pray that this weather abates soon & wish you all a speedy recovery.

Anne

Anne Harmon 802 876 7535 Harmony Quilts & Designs harmonyquiltsvt@gmail.com 2005 APQS Millennium Authorized APQS Dealer

If we switch off the neighbours freezer then we can connect to our server and get internet access.

Having spent last night relieving those running a local evacuation centre for a small community who have lost many people to the flood I am most thankful we have our lives.

The inconvenience of water, power septic etc are minimal comapred to lives lost.

Tahnk you for all your thoughts.

Lyn

Lyn Crump   Hand Guided 2013 Millenium Blissed and Gliding    APQS Sales Rep SE Qld Australia   www.busyquilting.com.au   On Facebook and Instagram as BusyQuilting

Attitude is everything - So pick a good one!

Prayers for all who are affected by this weather, the wet and the heat.. We can watch tv and videos but unless we are there in person, we really don't have an idea of what is happening.. we found that out when Napa Valley had a fire.. to see one house burned to the ground and another untouched next to it, is something else again.

May you all stay safe and well in Australia..

God Bless,