I WON!! I WON!!

I don't know exactly what the prize is yet, but I came home to a message on my phone saying I had a blue ribbon and a gift card waiting at Hancock Fabrics. I won the Most Original category in the Quilt of Dreams competition. According to the rules there are first, second, and third prizes at the regional level and then overall prizes in a couple of categories, Most Original being one of them. I can't wait to see what I got. I will have to drive down there over the weekend to pick up my prize. WOO HOO I'm excited.

Sheryl, it was this crazy chicken quilt. This is actually an old picture. I took the whole thing apart and redid it before I sent it in. I changed the color on the baby chicks and the eggs, added a yo=yo flower and a bee. I also redid the eggs around the outside so that they had turned under edges instead of zigzag applique. But it looked pretty much the same when it was done. I wish I could have gotten a picture, but they will post it on their website around December.

I went today and picked up my blue ribbon. It is the first one I have that actually says quilt somewhere on the ribbon, so I know it's a real quilt contest blue ribbon. I will have to put up a picture of it on my website.

Actually I won for the west TN regional part of the contest. Now my quilt has gone on to San Antonio/ Santa Anna or somewhere like that for the national judging. I was so happy I wasn't listening really closely.

The award I got today was a cool certificate with my name and stuff on it, the blue ribbon, and a 10% discount card on Hancock fabric purchases.

If my quilt wins at the national level I get 3 yard of fabric a month for a year. If it is best of show at national I get a $500 gift card from Hancock Fabrics. I don't care if it wins or not(well, maybe I do a little bit), but I've already had one phone call today from a lady asking about making one like it. YIPPEE

Wow CONGRATULATIONS. Oh Teresa, I am so excited for you and proud of you. The quilt is darling. I may have to have you make me one. I love it.

The best part of all, (besides having a blue ribbon to start your wall with) is the inspiration you are to all of us for not giving up when the going got tough, but just like Nemo you kept on swimming. Way to go.

We will all be cheering you on for the next step on your "chickens" journey:D

Archived