Sign in to follow this  
shawn

Batting Question

I have an Ult II and just quilt for myself. I purchased a roll of batting when I first got my machine back in 2002 and have just run out of batting. My question is does anyone know where a non business can buy a large roll of 96" wide batting. I think the last roll was Hobbs 80/20. Is it still the best or are there new brands that you would recommend. I think I ordered from Kingmen but the shipping is $60.00. That seems a bit high to me. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Check to see if there are any Pellon distributors in your area for the Legacy line of battings. They sell large rolls but they also sell them 9 yards on bolts (nicely folded) in 96" widths. This way you can try different types of battings if you wanted to (i.e. 100% cottons, 80/20, Bamboo, etc.). Surely if there isn't a distributor near you that shipping wouldn't be so steep on the 9 yard bolts as it would be for the rolls of batting. I'm lucky that my distributor is only an hour away and keeps stock on hand.

Cindy Thompson

(My perfect quilting combo...Milli and Quiltazoid)

Chrome Top Quilts

Cindy, where are you in SE Kansas that puts you an hour from KC? I'm originally from KC. From the first time I saw where you were from I've always wondered. This seemed a good time to ask.:) I also posted that I am inquiring about a light weight, thin batting for a denim quilt; any suggestions?

D28907A6D426C1F636F2BF6F24BE7BF7.png

APQS Lenni Lover

I have a wholesale license with Quilters Dream, but before that, I bought a roll of Warm & Natural from JoAnn's when it was 50% off. I really like QD much better, though.

Sandra Darlington

Darlington Quilts

2005 APQS Liberty, Circle Lord Enhanced

sandradarlington@aol.com or

DarlingtonQuilts@Gmail.com

I just used some Pellon 80/20, and it was a linty mess. I don't plan to use it again. Another friend also agreed it had a lint issue, and yet another one said she didn't notice a thing. So, either their batting is inconsistent, or people's idea of lint issues are dfferent. I'd buy a smaller quantity and try it before committing to a big roll of that stuff that you are going to have for 9 years.

Quilter's Dream is an excellent batting. Go to their website and they list shops that sell it. If there is a shop near you, you can work with them to get a roll shipped in special order. I would still buy a package and try it first.

BDB923036A9F827EF84ACA918FB6F02D.png

You can buy rolls of Warm and Natural from JoAnns or Hancocks, even with their 40-50 percent off coupons. I prefer Quilter'd Dream but it's wholesale.

Connie
Port Huron, MI   48060
APQS Sales Rep and Educator
Millennium with Intelliquilter (IQ)

"Be a good listener, your ears will never get you in trouble" Frank Tygr

sewsweetgator@aol.com
http://www.yoursite.com
287890c1690b93fca26ac74c1d32b308.png

Thanks for all of your help.

Karen M. I will call Kingsmen and see what they say. I was just going by what the internet site said. Thanks

I will also look into some of the other options provided.

Thanks again to all.

I get my Hobbs batting from Lyn Heilman in Overland Park, KS. Prices are good, shipping is actual cost, and Lyn is really nice to work with. I've purchased both package batts and rolls, had them shipped to me and picked up on my way through KC. Give her a call, she is very helpful.

http://quiltedmemoriesllc.danemcoweb.com/

EF895DFA46EABF5DCB57E11F31E1DE91.png

Carmen in the Ozarks