Quilt and Jacket for State Fair

The jacket pattern is from Easy Street Garments and its title is Scrap It Jacket. I picked it up at a local quilt shop in Norman, OK, called Patchwork Place. I am pretty sure that I have seen it from Sew Thankful online. Their website is www.sewthankful.com. or email Tracy at tracy@sewthankful.com. I've been very pleased with their service. (Note--I have no relationship with Sew Thankful except as a very pleased customer.) The cover will show two strip pieced jackets, one in purple and one in turquoise/blue. Both have a collar, which I eliminated from my jacket.

Yes, Mary Beth, my Tall Friend, you were very right. Now, I just hope that the jacket and/or the quilt get displayed at the fair since my main purpose was to attract customers. They only guarantee that they will display the ribbon winners. Others will be displayed if there is room. I would be very delighted with a ribbon or two since that would guarantee that one or both would be displayed. However, I'm sure competition will be stiff. There are a lot of excellent machine quilters here in Oklahoma; Irena Bluhm and Marilyn Karper to name just two.

Phyllis Hughes

Phyllis - Very nice and good luck at the fair! Love your quilting! hmmmm...

I wonder if that jacket will fit me?? LOL! You did a great job on both that

and the quilt - I love the colors you used as well!

Isn't that thread wonderful?!! I use it with a good poly bobbin and I think

I only had one breakage on the whole quilt!! What was I worried about?

I want to get more of the colors, and yes, in the 5000 yd spools! Don't

want to run out in the process of....

Hope you do get a ribbon and get some customers out of this display, I

would be shocked if you don't!

DH and I went to the fair today to see the results for the quilt and the jacket.

DH spotted the quilt. It sported a red ribbon; second place in the professional machine quilting category! Woo hoo! Around the corner was my jacket right out in the front of the display case. It was wearing a blue ribbon; first place in the professional machine quilter's clothing category! I was so excited, but I really tried to remain calm since I was in a building with lots of people. So now I'm letting out my excitement with all of you.

Thanks for all the encouragement. Woo hoo!!!! Sorry, that one just burst out unexpectedly!

Phyllis Hughes

Oklahoma City

Liberty

Archived