Do you have M&M Wheels yet?

Guest Linda S

Guest Linda S

If you don't, why not? Holy moly, man. I haven't done a lot of quilting since I installed my wheels. I did a huge quilt in October when I still had my Edgeriders on, and I had to follow a stencil. My quilting was so wobbly, but you were all kind enough to overlook the bobbles when I showed pics. Since then, I've done a few quilts with my Circle Lord boards, a panto, and some basic SID. Today was the first time I tried to follow the line on a stencil or do backtracking on feathers since I put the wheels on. I am STUNNED. I can barely see my backtracking, and I'm very critical of my own quilting. Not only was it a breeze to follow the stencil line, but this particular pattern needs to be echoed. I didn't even have to draw the echo line because it's so easy just to use the side of my hopping foot. I've never had control like this before. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for the M&M Wheels!

Originally posted by Sylvia

Hi Linda

I want the M and M's too. Where did you get yours? Did you install them yourself no problem?

Sylvia

Sylvia, you can get the M&M wheels from APQS. DH installed my wheels and he was quite impressed with the instructions that were included with the wheels. He said they were some of the best instructions that he has seen, and he is quite critical. The wheels were easy to install and as Linda said, they make a big difference!

Guest Linda S

I actually did install them myself. The air was pretty thick with swear words in my studio during the process, but I didn't take the machine all the way off the rails as recommended. It really wasn't all that bad. And, the results were totally worth it. These wheels are AMAZING!

I love them too! And if you are up there in the Pacific northwest, Myrna Ficken carries them! I got mine from her when she was in Maryland. They are wonderful!!

I put mine on myself also. And I did not take the machine off the frame. Just propped it up between the table and rails with books and magazines till I got the right height. I think the hardest part was putting the washers and screw back in the top carriage; while standing on my head to see it! hahaha I was sitting under the frame and kept bumping my head on the roller bars. Yea, I know; I bumped my head!!! I must sound like Mary Beth!! :P:P:P

Wow, Linda! I am waiting to hear this kind of glowing review from someone who has installed them on a Millennium (without Bliss rails). :) Are the rails on a Liberty different than the rails on a Millennium? Just wondering. Hoping someone from APQS—Mark? Dawn?—will comment.

If the M&M wheels are this good, why would anyone need new Bliss rails?

Guest Linda S

Cathey - I think Linda Newell over in Seaside has them on her Millennium without the Bliss rails and she loves them! Actually, I know she has them, because that's where I tried them out and decided to get them. I think Patty Jo may have them too without the rails.

Archived