need wholesaler for Pellon

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know where you can buy very good quality fabric, like the kind the quilt shops carry. Can we as longarm quilters get the same fabric at a discounted price anywhere. Can we order some fabrics from the company at all. I would like to purchase more good fabric, not a ton but, some in case someone wants you to make some baby quilts or something quick, this will be another service that a longarm could offer and also you get the chance to have some beautiful fabric as well. Jacqueline

There are so many websites that sell the same brand of fabrics that you find in your LQS. I will list a few but use Yahoo or Google and search "quilting fabric" to find more.

Be cautious about buying wholesale depending upon your state sales tax structure. I only buy wholesale if I know that I'm going to use it in the business. Otherwise you need to pay sales tax on anything you use personally. (The states without sales tax are really lucky!!!) Also, product bought for business use but then used personally should not be written off on your income tax, so keep track. I am not giving out tax advise (oh my no!) but the IRS is targeting home-based "craft" type businesses for audits and the penalties are steep if they find something.

I figure that I went into this business to do something I love, eliminate stress, and to have some fun. I don't want any tax problems just to get a break on some quilting supplies. Anyway, that's my 2 cents so have fun shopping.

equilter.com

everythingquilts.com

keepsakequilting.com

Hancocks-Paducah.com

designersquarters.com

etc. etc. etc.

• 1 month later...

Archived