Pictures of my studio

LinneaMarie

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone!

Kerry, my space is kinda big, but you know how it is; no matter how big you fill it up. It is 17' by 25'. We had a 2 car garage and a huge enclosed breezeway. My DH and FIL made it a 1 car garage and my studio. I used to re-upholster furniture and DH was tired of lugging it to the basement! lol They put insulation in the walls and a wood sub floor down so I wasn't standing on cement. Then we put commercial carpet squares down. I had to remove some for my Millie. I didn't want that on carpet. I have a separate gas heater in here plus a little space heater for really cold days. Which I HAVE been using! :o

I only have one window and I put a venetian blind on it and keep it closed almost all the time. No fabric has faded in 15 years. (I'm embarrassed to admit some of it is that old!)

They also put in a drop ceiling with fluorescent lights.

I'll post some pictures of the whole room, but it looks messy to me; or rather cluttered.

• 2 weeks later...

Great ideas Ardelle! Now that our new house has most things organised and at the painting stage......floors to be laid Feb 28th...shift in March 7th.....I can concentrate on my quilting studio. I want to be sure that I make the maximum use of the available space ready for my Milly delivery.

Are those clear storage containers with the white lids also Ikea? and how have you organised the items stored in them? Extremely thankful for any extra ideas you may have.

I shifted this from

oh, man!

drooling over those pinks and greens!

I'm spoiled, have about 1/3 of the basement for the LA and a room upstairs for regular sewing/piecing. (and upholstery and half done furniture and fabric and books and drawing and painting and yarn and.....) lol! :P (Yes, the word packrat is appropriate!)

No photos yet...we're still mid-remodel (5 years! lol!) so it's a mess, but it works!

I can't wait til the remodeling up stairs is done so that I can put stuff away! Everything gets so displaced and disrupted when remodeling. sigh...

s

Anyone can use anything I've shown. They are truly not my own ideas!! So steal away! hahaha There was a song like that!

Sue U, that template was made by our very own Kay Anderson. Last year while we were at MQS; Kay graciously invited us to her home and since she was moving we got to pilfer through her stencils. She tried to give us more and more. We had sooo much fun!!:D:P

post--13461905567948_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

I love this all sharing of ideas. I am going to be building a studio before long and I just keep getting more and more ideas about what I want. I know that I have to have it large enough to have several things going on and I am wanting a loft in it for scrapbooking. The only thing that I can't figure out is if I want to put my baby under the loft where I can really have a lot of lights in this area or in the front of the building with high ceilings and the DM in the back. Oh well will figure that out later. It will really depend on the overall size of the finished building and how we heat it that part is still up in the air.

Perfect timing, I am starting on mine on Tuesday and I have a friend coming to help me. I think my rooms could be on Horders.

You've done a great job I just might have to steal a couple of ideas. I love the craft foam idea, I always use paper and sewing machine and pounce it, the foam would be so much easier (another idea I will be stealing).

If, and thats a big if, I get mine half way straight I will post pics.

I can't believe you did it! I've been working on my whole house and garden all summer! I know how much work that was...and to see your studio so organized...I have an inkling of an idea of what you've been through. Lots of dedication and commitment to follow through and stay focused! Great job Linnea Marie! You've given us much food for thought for our own--Thank You! Uh, just how fast do you go through your bolts? Do you sell it? or just use it? I have several bolts that I'm keeping because the colors are my favorites. I'll never use it all as long as I live, but I don't want to sell it or get rid of it. It's in a dark closet to prevent fading...do you think our fabrics will out last us?:P:P:P

Archived