Lenni users - help!!

barbm

I am at the home of a Lenni owner here is southern Idaho and we are experiencing a weird squeeking/creaking/squealing sound, but only when the machine is in SR mode, not in manual mode. It seems to happen when we're at the beginning or coming to the end of a movement. Has anyone else experienced this? Of course, it's Friday night and APQS is already closed....:(

We've removed ALL the panels to check for odd vibrations, loose screws, etc. with no results. Noise seems to be at the front of the head rather than the back, but it's hard to say whether it's the upper part or the lower.

Any help out there this weekend?

does she have the premanent silver extended base - by donita reeves, i think.

i got an odd squeaky vibrating when i first installed mine on lola-baby. and i still do everytime that i take it off to clean thoroughly. i cant seem to tighten it enuf by myself and have to have dh give it a crank before it stops.

I had a similar experience in SR mode (not sure if the sound would have happened in manual because I was only doing SR). Turned out that the backlash spring wasn't seated all the way in the bobbin case and spring and thread in case were trying to fall onto the floor. I guess I was lucky I didn't break anything. I'm sure you checked this already. Boy did it make some squeeky noises! Inserted a new bobin case (with backlash spring firmly in place) and the problem went away. I felt so foolish!

Yup, only in SR. And not consistently either. I have a Freedom, tho.

Originally posted by barbm

She has the Hartley base, not Donita's base, and the base wasn't on the machine except briefly during out time together, so no joy there. Was your squeek only during SR mode, Meg?

Archived