Hopper foot height

Ladies I have a question. My Millie keeps breaking the thread, I have checked the bobbin tension, top tension and when I stitch the two inches before the thread breaks the the stitches look great. My hopper foot was sitting right on the playe so I adjusted it to the correct height but I am wondering if I need to raise it more since I am quilting with a double thickness of batting. How do I know what the correct height is for each batting?

Using so fine in top and bottom line in bobbin. Hobbs wool and 80/20 double layer is my batting. Cotton top and bottom. Any help will be appreciated, I think I may have to break down and call APQS because as a newbie I am lost. Have changed needle and checked for burrs.

Thanks for any help. Mary

I had to lower my foot. Amy just looked at a close up photo of my stitches and knew right away what the problem was. Lowered the foot to ONE business card. Worked like a charm. Dawn also told me the tighter the better; WITHOUT pushing your top fabric!

I don't recall that this caused thread breakage tho. Some days my threads run and run; other days they break every couple inches!! I blame it on the weather and humidity (or lack of) Sewers Aid helps a lot.

Archived