Pictures of my studios- OLD POST

RoseCity Quilter

:D You guys make me smile! Thanks for your great comments.

Dory andKerri, Yes the units under my Milli are Alex from Ikea- just looooooove them.

Sheilia, I used velvro to hold the batting in the wire shelves. It needs to have a twist in it to work. I will try and take a picture for you, but will not be at the store tomorrow (medical app. in Edmonton).

Linda- yes please, come and play! Door is always open!

Dell- Ok, when shall I come organize you?

Ardelle, I just love how organized you are and how everything is labeled. I thought those were the Alex cupboards from Ikea. Unfortunately, the nearest Ikea is 3 hours away, so it will be awhile before I'm there. Such a wonderful place(s) for you to work in!!

Great ideas Ardelle! Now that our new house has most things organised and at the painting stage......floors to be laid Feb 28th...shift in March 7th.....I can concentrate on my quilting studio. I want to be sure that I make the maximum use of the available space ready for my Milly delivery.

Are those clear storage containers with the white lids also Ikea? and how have you organised the items stored in them? Extremely thankful for any extra ideas you may have.

Oops, I had mistakenly posted this on Linneamarie's post...might make more sense here lol

Chrisee,

Thanks! The clear boxes on my shelves are shoe boxes from a chain store here in Canada called Zellers, and they are a brand specifically made for Zellers. They recently changed the dementions of the box and they no longer fit on my shelves :mad:

I organize the things in them in several ways. Sometimes I keep collections together (ie, Jo Morton in one box, Nancy Holverson in another), sometimes by type (all my flannels in one box and all my Batiks in another) and sometimes by color (reds in one, whites in another. It depends... Helpful aren't I...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Ardell, How wonderful!! I love your studios and the organization. I too would like to see how you hold the rolls of batting on the wire shelves. I am getting ready to move into my new studio. Just waiting for the floor to be installed. I have been looking for ways to be more organized. I am definately going to use some of your organization skills. My hubby is a cabinet maker so I am going to keep him busy making some of those cubbies and drawers for under my Millie. Thanks for sharing. Bless you. Dustee

Your spaces(!) are so nice!! I love the cabinet under you Millie; I bought one after I first saw yours. My only complaint is that they don't make one the same size with different depth in the drawers.

What is hidden in all those boxes with labels???

And seeing the "copied from someone else" batting rack is making me run right into my studio to see if I can copy it from you! We even have one of those shelves that hasn't been put together yet (its waiting for Dennis' yurt to be put up). I think that means its fair game...right???

Do you have poles in the middle of the batting rolls or are they just sitting there?

Great studios!!!!:)

I have my batting rolls on the same racks. There is a wood dowel rod through the cardboard tube of the batting and extends about 6" out on each end. I looped velcro through the spaces in the wire and the dowel sits in a "sling" made by the velcro. The slings could be made from anything that works for you.

Archived