Edgeriders to M & M questions...

Hi Folks-

I have questions for all of you that have switched from Edgeriders to the new M & M wheels.

How long did you have your Edgriders on your machine?

Did you find that you *needed* new wheels?

Did your Edgeriders become difficult to move nicely?

If so, have the M & M wheels resolved the movement issues?

I currently have the ER on & have orderd the M & M wheels. I've only had the ER on my machine for a little less than 2 years. They were wonderful at first but now they are really fighting me. I've been in contact with Dawn, Amy, Mark & Barb from this list & have gone over the table for level & measurements several times. My issues seem to be the wheels. I just was wondering if you have worn out your wheels & how long they lasted.

Thank you very much for any responses :)

Caren,

I had my ER's about a year before I switched to M&M's. I think I had one wheel that had a problem, although I couldn't figure out which one when I got them off my machine. There seemed to be a flat spot that would cause a pause. Hard to describe because it only bothered me for the first couple of minutes of quilting but it was there and I didn't feel that it was as smooth as when I first put them on. Going from the black wheels to ER's was like night and day. I did notice that my M&M wheels are smooth and I really like them but I would not suggest changing them out unless you are having problems. Wheels do wear out so maybe I had just worn mine out. The pause that I felt with the ER's is now gone. The only other thing it could have been is the spacers. I didn't have to change anything else with my table when we switched out wheels so it was not the table.

Caren, I had my ER's on my machine not quite a year and at first they were wonderful smooth and easy, then I started having a problem with binding in a spot. After adjusting table with APQS's guidance, adjusting carriage, etc etc, it didn't get any better. I jumped on the bandwagon like with many others and purchased the M & M wheels. When we took off the ER's we found one bearing was leaky, and that seemed to have been the problem. Anyway, when the ER's where new, I could move my machine with my little finger, with the M&M's I just look at her and she moves...lol...seriously, she moves consistently easy all the way all the time. I hated to spend the almost $300.00 by the time I got them here in Canada...but they were well worth it. Just my 2 cents worth.

Guest Linda S

I had only used my edgeriders for about 2 months. I tried another quilter's Millie (heavier machine than my Liberty) with the M&M wheels, and I could not believe the glide, freedom of movement, but control at the same time. I ordered the M&M wheels right away, even knowing that I had not gotten any money's worth out of the edgeriders, and I have absolutely no regrets.

We had the ER wheels on our Millie for about 9 months when we changed to the M&M wheels. I still have ER wheels on my Lenni - both have IQ on them. I like both & was happy with my ER wheels, but there were some questions about having M&M wheels on with IQ & we were asked to see if they would work. So we gave the M&M wheels a try. I love them. I'm not one to really feel like there are huge differences in wheels, but I really love the M&M wheels on my Millie. I don't think there is a reason to change if you are happy with the ER wheels or the original wheels, but the M&M wheels really are nice & it made a difference on for me on my Millie. Both are smooth, but the M&M wheels just feel super slick to me when doing freehand.

I was also considering Bliss, but after trying & installing Bliss I found that what I really liked what the feel of the forward & back motion on the carriage, which of course is M&M wheels. So I decided that I wanted to try M&M wheels first before getting a Bliss.

So the opportunity to see if M&M wheels would work with IQ was perfect. It answered two questions for me. The results are that M&M wheels work great with IQ & that for me M&M wheels were what I was looking for & I didn't need to switch to a Bliss setup right away. From a personal standpoint I like Bliss, but I actually like the smooth glide but excellent control that the M&M wheels give me. Keeping in mind that I personally tend to prefer a machine that is smooth but controlled over one that is really loosey goosey. ( For example, I really like my lenni but find that it's a bit too loosey goosey for me sometimes, so I really love my Millie). I think that in the end that everyone needs to find what works for them.

Archived