Sneak Peek - Glide quilt - UPDATE new pic

Guest Linda S

Guest Linda S

I'm about done with the motifs on the quilt I'm doing for Fil-Tec. Now it's on to all the background fill that will need to be done. This quilt is faux trapunto -- I simply did not have time to trim batting -- so I'm going to have to fill with different colored thread. I haven't decided yet just how wild I want to get (I'm not a wild thread gal). I'm already not happy with my thread choice (light gold), but I have to say the tension is bitchin' -- not a loop, pokie, or eyelash anywhere in the quilt. Just pray it's passable when finished!

post--13461905589843_thumb.jpg

Guest Linda S

Kristina - I used to use an oval template in my hand all the time to help me go around curves. Don't need it anymore with the M&M Wheels. I am amazed at how much they have improved my quilting.

Pat - the quilt is 60" x 60". It will be all Glide thread. I was going to just use gold and white, but I'm not sure now. I wish I had outlined everything in white and then gone for a more colorful fill. Most of the faux trapunto areas have enough fluff to pop them out regardless of color, except for the little swirls in the borders. I wasn't planning ahead properly!

Guest Linda S

Oh CRAP! (Sorry). I'm all done except the fill in stuff and I'm terrified of messing it up with colored thread. ACKKKKK. I think I may need one of these!

greens.jpg

Anyway, here it is before I either pretty it up or trash it.

post--13461905600322_thumb.jpg

Archived