Help - ** update**

Gail O

My machine has always had an issue with the needle vibrating loose. Put in a new screw, tried either side, no difference; so I've learned to make sure it's tight after every couple of starts and stops. I guess today, I didn't check often enough. Now I have a broken needle jammed in front of the bobbin. I managed to get the bobbin case out. I can't get the bobbin out, can't get the end of the needle out from either direction, and can't raise the foot. Any ideas? Does this mean I'm going to have to learn how to retime?

Any and all suggestions welcome.

g

Thank you all but . . . .

Patty Jo - can't get a needle nose in either end - just the tip of the needle is protruding past the edge of the bobbin, and the broken edge of the needle is sticking up just enough to make a nice long rip in the backing, but not enough to grab. Tried some jewellers (sp?) pliers cuz I could get them between the hopping foot and needle plate, but that didn't work.

Shana - medium long screwdriver.

Kristina - backing torn, but luckily it was just a table runner and place mats for me

Heidi - can't move the flywheel at all.

Is it too early for wine? (or whine?)

Thanks

g:(

Guest Linda S

I suggest thoroughly cleaning the screw driver with rubbing alcohol. Then skewer a couple of olives with it and soak them in some fine vodka and ice. Sip liberally. ;)

Sorry! Couldn't resist. I hope you manage to get it unstuck and running well soon.

Finally got the needle out - had to push up on the hopping foot with a flat screwdriver, until I could get the needle plate out. Just need one more bit of help. In front and above the hook assembly, there is a small black plate with a small finger that points toward the bobbin area. This small finger has a little bend in the end. Does the bend point up or down. Can't find it described anywhere in the manual and I have no idea which way it was pointing when I took it out.

Thank you so much.

g:D

Archived