Leadergrips or Red Snappers

Originally posted by DoryJM

Originally posted by hmerrill

I didn't loose any space either. Janette maybe if you posted a picture we could see how you're loosing space.

WHAT?!?! The Staple Queen switched to Red Snappers????:P:D:P

Yup and I'm loving it! I loved my staples but you know I the snappers take a lot less time to take off!

Originally posted by DoryJM

Originally posted by sagebrushquilter

I am sticking with pins. If that makes you feel better dory!

Sort of... I'm still 1/2 and 1/2. Pinning my tops and stapling my backs...Does this make me schizophrenic??:D:o

I'd say none commital or indecisive or you just go by the seat of your pants!:P:P:P:P

These Red Snapper things look great however, I am scared to try them as I spent like 150.00 on those metal bar things with the little clips that slide in...I forget what they are called but they're AWFUL!! I tried them a couple of times and after lots frustration and words women shouldn't say, I went back to pins.

Tracey

You're so right, Tracey when you get something & end up being dissatisfied it's a total drag. I'm happy with the RS too esp after I watched on Renae's tips on her loading a BIG quilt in less than 10 min. The tip I picked up is watching how she held up the long piece that clamps down over the rod. Holding it up like that at an angle makes it MUCH easier to secure. I've had surgery 2x for a repetitive injury on my wrist & that little tip has saved me :) I think anyone who invests in these won't be dissapointed.

I am loving my snappers more each quilt I put on.

They won't work with the very short backing and after a few quilts you know when they might hang up in the rolling of a quilt and work with them.

I just need to get into the habit of basting the sides by machine then I won't be needle holing my shirts anymore.

Lyn

• 2 weeks later...

Archived