Marlette

Sharon Shamber Network..Help!

SHaron Schamber Network

Hope one of you might be able to help with this.

A large number of quilters have been making comments on several forums I belong to as to the status of the SSN.

Those of us who are members received a notice from the admin in Oct or Nov that the server crashed and it would have to be rebuilt. All videos were still in his files but everything else was lost.

Fast forward to mid Feb. No one has been able to get an answer to emails sent to the admin, Sharon Schamber or her daughter, Cristy at Purple Daisies as to the progress or lack there of on the website.

There are many videos on YouTube but these are the free ones from the site. Premium members paid for exclusive videos that could be downloaded to our computers.

One person managed to get in contact with Gene Schamber and adamantly request a refund which was given to her via PayPal minus the PayPal fee. She was also told that the site belonged to Sharon's son, Neil, and Sharon really didn't have anything to do with it!

If anyone has any info please email me at mlouisin@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Marlette

Marlette

Awww! Marlette, I have a membership to SSN and I heard about the crash. I haven't tried to get back on the site since then, I have been waiting for a notification.

Anyway, what I wanted to say to you is MOST LIKELY what you have heard or read are rumors. No doubt Sharon Schamber would not jeapordize her reputation like this. I am more than certain things will work out in time. Be patient and give Sharon the benefit of the doubt and some time to get back on step.

I will try to make some email or phone contacts and if I find out anything "from the horse's mouth" I will share it with you. The last thing I will do is repeat rumors. Rumors destroy everybody. I'll let you know if I hear anything from a direct and reliable source. Hang in there.

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

I too am a member and have been waiting for the email notification saying the site is finally back up. I'd have to agree with Shana on this one. I'm sure there are lots and lots of rumors out there. It would be nice to get an update as to when the server will be back up though. I think the last notice I got was about 3 weeks ago.

HOw could Sharon Shamber not have anything to do with "her" network? Sound to me like a lot of confusion and rumors too!! I agree with Shana, SSN is probably a victim of rumors and half truths, you know how that can me!! Remember the game Gossip? Conputer stuff can be very complicated and probably the fix of this thing is more complicated than expected. Hang in there, Most quilters are honest, generous people!!

A4D3F1A8FC6E09FA7B588F421C673A69.png

Debbie Cadwallender

APQS Sales-Service-Education

Central Michigan

517-304-6954

afinishedquilt@tds.net

www.die-ingtoquilt.com

IMHO the least they can do is e-mail their members with an update just to let them know they're attending to the problem...

.... and maybe a 6 month free subscription to smooth things over and make their subscribers feel loved and cared for :)

Marlene &

Lollipop Lucey

Originally posted by Marlene Bowker

IMHO the least they can do is e-mail their members with an update just to let them know they're attending to the problem...

.... and maybe a 6 month free subscription to smooth things over and make their subscribers feel loved and cared for :)

This not an unreasonable offer and a very nice solution that would make people happy. I am sure she will "make good" on her members (like me) that paid the subscription. Be patient. :)

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

I am also a premium member of the SSN network. I have benefitted so much from the videos I've watched, some over and over again.

I am keeping the faith. I bet once they can get the site back up and running you will see some nice incentive to keep with it. Sharon is a very smart lady, I just feel something good will come of this dilemma with the site.

I had already downloaded ALL the videos to my computer, so I'm still watching them again and again. But I do look forward to some new ones.

Hang in there. I'm thinking it will work itself out to the benefit of those of us who kept the faith.

Georgene Huggett
APQS Sales, Service, Education
Poquoson, Virginia
http://www.GeorgeneQuilts.com
APQS Millennium with Quilt Path

Thanks to all who have responded so far to my inquiry regarding SSN

Of course I believe that this problem will eventually work out but, as someone else commented, it would be nice to get an update email just to let us know the site repair/rebuild is taking longer than expected.

FYI, only one person on another forum was actually angry. Most were other members just asking the same question I posted here. A couple said they'd received an email from Neil, the admin and Sharon's son, in January saying that the site would be up in a couple of days.

Seems odd that just a few members would get an email and most everyone else is waiting.

Glad you all are so willing to be patient and believe the best will happen. I'm actually a "glass half full" kind of person myself. If I hear anything new I'll post to you all..

Marlette

I got an email, probably the same one you mentioned in January, explaining that the site was down.

But, yes, it would certainly be good to get a progress report every month or so.

Georgene Huggett
APQS Sales, Service, Education
Poquoson, Virginia
http://www.GeorgeneQuilts.com
APQS Millennium with Quilt Path

We've all received the error message when we tried to re-submit our information. Hopefully it is not a hoax or scam of some kind. Wish I could be as optimistic as all of you have been about the SS network but I'm going to be real here. My premium membership failed months before the big crash and Neil did not respond to any of my emails about it. I finally gave up and at this point I am just considering it money lost.

Sharon is an amazing quilter and a very generous teacher. I have learned a tremendous amount from her in classes and from her videos online as well. Sharon is not, however, concerned with the business aspects of the fame she has earned from her incredible work. Her children have been making a living off their mother's 'name recognition' but Sharon would rather make quilts and teach than try to manage what the kids do with (or to) her good name.

I sincerely hope this story has a happy ending for everyone who paid money in good faith for their premium memberships. Honestly, I think we'll be lucky to get someone to answer our emails.

All of you who have tried to access the SSN.com site have received the same result as I and others on another forum and in my guild have.

I will try to see what results I get from Cristy? or Gene.

Whether or not Sharon wants to be bothered with the business end of her name she needs to address this issue. She may not be the website owner but she is benefiting from the sale of materials and membership.

I. too, have learned a lot from the videos and appreciate the experience. I don't appreciate loosing 10 months worth of my membership fee.

Marlette

OK I just called and spoke directly to Neil (Sharon's son). Poor guy has been dealing with a lot of horrible angry people (I was nice and understanding) :) He appreciated that.

He is working the issue right now and hopes to get the web site up and running this weekend.

He wants everyone that has a premium membership to go to the web site and click on the "contact us" link and fill out your membership information to include the following:

•First Name and Last Name

•E-Mail address you signed up with

•Desired Username

•Password you would like to use

Password must be at least six characters long

Here is the link to Sharon Schamber Network:

http://sharonschambernetwork.com/

He said he promises that everyone that has a membership during the time of the server crash will be "made good" by extending their membership and promises the members will be happy with the solution. So stay positive.

post--13461905698013_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by hmerrill

Parm I'm so glad you found the info. I'm shocked that they didn't save the email list that they sent the notification to in the first place. I'm getting a run-time error when I send the contact info. Is anybody else having that problem?

No, I was able to get in just now and entered my info through the "contact us" link.

I got through and entered my contact info

Keep trying... Neil is working diligently on this. :)

Be patient things will be fixed! :)