Using the Stitch Regulator

I change my stitch length depending on what I'm doing. I think, in general, most people use between a 10 and a 12. But, again, it will vary depending on what they are doing.

On my Liberty, I use my left handle to depress the "clutch" and the green button, then with my right hand I depress the clutch and the blue button. Then I am in stitch regulated mode and can just start moving my machine. OF course, at that point I've already set my stitch length.

If you have a machine other than the Liberty, I really can't speak for the details, as it's been a while since I ued a Millie and can't remember the buttons.

Originally posted by Jedsews

also, do I need to hit the green button to get the SR to start working?

Yes, 1st you toggle the SR switch to on, then turn on the green button. The toggle just engages the SR, but you still must turn the motor on (green button).

It should not feel like you are dragging or tugging to get it going, once you toggle then turn on the motor, it should react immediately to your touch.

Hi Jackie

As Patty said you need to use the green button to start the motor. When you flip up the SR toggle on the left side of your Lenni you will here a been. This is there to remind you that you are in SR mode.

A good place to start for stitch size is about 11. Most people have there favourite stitch size, a.d there Will be times when you will maybe hi up to say 13 for stitching pebbles. Also when in SR Mode the needle does not move until you no e the machine.

Please ignore the mistakes, I am poorly and am on bed rest and have to use my android phone to browse the forum.

thanks everyone. I am thinking that I do have a problem with the SR. I will call APQS tomorrow and see if someone can walk me through it. I have blown two fuses and broke a needle and am frustrated, so it is time to walk away...tomorrow is another day ;)

• 2 months later...

I too have the encoder, on my 2008 Lenni, and haven't had one break.

Penny is ill. chocking, coughing, sniffling and the stitches aren't regulated at all, but the encoder is fine. She just needs a new board, which will be in the mail tomorrow.

If that doesn't cure her, we will make a trip to Ia. Want to go anyway, since so much of himselfs home town was torn up by that tornado.

Penny will survive and I guess I will too without her help. Was learning to freehand without the SR anyway, (I guess now is the good time to learn more.

Have a good night.. Hugs and

God Bless,

Archived