Freehand wholecloth --- e2e fun (added new pics of the satin side) at bottom of p1 and p2

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by mscott2611

What I want to know is how do you learn to do that stuff. I just finished read mastering the art of mctavishing and I must say that I don't think that I will ever be able to just let it go and just do it (as Nike says).

Hey, first let me tell it to ya straight... if I can do this anybody can do this. You just have to practice (doodle) on paper, keep trying, don't give up, push the envelope, dare to go for it, make sure that you have fun and do it with no fear that you will screw up. So what if you screw up you are just learning; allow yourself to mess up and dust off and hop back on again. Sure you will have moments of frustration, screaming and tears (I have lots of times) but hang in there. Enjoy the process. It's like driving a car. at first when you learn you screw up the clutch and stall, then you can't back into a parallel parking spot. pretty soon you are changing gears and zipping down the highway and turning on a dime and figuring out you actually can parallel park if you just keep trying. You will get it. Really you will. Take classes, ask questions, watch videos, listen practice play and before you realize you are doing it. Really.

Love it, Shana! It the fabric super wide stuff or is it pieced to make it large enough? Is the satin washable? I have a super wide Sew Batik I want to make into a wholecloth...satin on the back would be wonderful! Thanks for the great idea!

That is so awesome! The fact that you can get your brain to kick in fast enough to know where you are going as well as what you are going to quilt next.

I have tried it (quilting in non-regulated mode) on McTavishing, and that wasn't too bad cause I took a class with Karen (I have all her books, too), but changing designs all the time would be too much for my poor little brain.:)

By the way Karen has a new book coming out. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Originally posted by Merryjo2003

Shana, I LOVE it! Maybe we should swap a top and quilt one for each other once in a while. You know, just something different. It's funny how all our minds all work to their own tune!

Fun idea! :)

Not sure what "tune" my mind works to but I think it is on an old vinyl record that has this big scratch in it so the needle is stuck and it skips and skips and skips and never stops skipping...:D the song never ends and still... there I am....with the tune that keeps skipping

Archived