Freehand wholecloth --- e2e fun (added new pics of the satin side) at bottom of p1 and p2

Shana - Ok, I've read every entry here and I'm just now getting my chin off of my chest, the drool wiped off the screen and I'm in love with your quilting. Thanks for posting this to encourage all of us to go outside the box. Does the satin come in wide widths for backing? I'm going to go do a search and see if I can find 100" satin........

I love, love, love, love it....:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by IBQLTN2

.....Any planning at all?

Well, kinda-sorta yes... I had some ideas (books with designs - namely DeLoa's, Sue Patton, Nichole Webb, Darlene Epp's Pocket Guides, etc... ) and got inspired and then I went to the quilt and just went for it. I would stop and take breaks now and then, refill bobbins, get other ideas and then start again. It's kinda fun to be spontaneous. Kinda thrilling, really! :P You should try it...

Wow Shana, that quilt is awesome!!! I love your analogy of learning to drive a stick!!! It gives me hope. I remember learning to drive a stick shift. It wasn't pretty!!!! But.. with time it did come. I just want to be able to bipass the ugly;););) Thanks for the encouragement!

Shana - that is really beautiful! I have not worked on that kind of fabric yet either... I wonder if there are any problem with holes if you need to rip??

I was also thinking puckers might be an issue - but your piece looks perfect!

Well done!! Thanks for sharing us - love to see your work....

Keep 'em coming!

Archived