The last of very friendly borders

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone for your comments & Roxanne, thanks for feeling sorry for me, that's what it's all about you know!! :P:P:P

I really wasn't sure that I could do this one when I got it because I could see that the borders were going to be a bear. . . . .but it came out pretty good considering and I'm happy that it's off the frame and done.

Thanks everyone. :D

My customer came and picked it up just a bit ago and we had a 10 min. teaching time on how to cut setting triangles, and how to attach borders. It's like I told her, I made all these same mistakes until someone showed/told me different. We've all been there, so she left a happy camper. :D

Shana - I'm looking forward to that "party in Portland" with as many of the Moxies and others that we can round up. I may be out of town during part of MQX West, but there is a day or two before I would have to leave to throw a party. :cool:

Patty Jo,

I instantly felt sorry for you when I saw that first pic. A super wavy border is not a happy thing. But you did a marvalous job with it and hopefully your customer will give you a nice flat one next time so you can just focus on the design....the fun stuff.

Jess

Originally posted by PattyJo

Shana - I'm looking forward to that "party in Portland" with as many of the Moxies and others that we can round up. I may be out of town during part of MQX West, but there is a day or two before I would have to leave to throw a party. :cool:

I have one sister in Salem... and another sister lives in Happy Valley. I will probably stay at my Happy Valley sister's house since it's right there near downtown Portlandia and I can save $$ on hotel and spend more $$ on quilty stuff... :)

Good work Patty Jo! That quilt looks wonderful.... now. Sorry for you?? Not really, just glad this one wasn't mine to do! Does looks like she is doing a pretty good job with piecing - hopefully she will get those borders under control too. :cool:

Archived