NQR---Prayers for my husband UPDATE (6)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How sad for you and your husband that you don't live in Canada. No one should have to face losing everything because of medical bills or be denied treatment for lack of health insurance. My prayers are for your husband's recovery, but also that this country comes to its senses on health care, and soon. Health care for profit is unconscionable.

This movie was a eye-opener: http://www.burzynskimovie.com/

I was thinking about you guys allot this week. I'm so glad the docs at the U had encouraging treatment options for your DH. Thank God!! They have a culture of hope there. Both my DD (she is an CICU nurse)and her fiancee (a doc) work there. I have spent many many days at the U with my DM, she was treated for leukemia there. They know what they are doing. Sometimes it takes the patience of a saint to deal with what I call "hospital time" you know hurry up and wait, wait, wait. Call me if you need anything, even if that need is just an ear!! (((((((HUGS))))))

With all due respect to CAthey, I GLAD you don't live in Canada!!!! Marvin would probably die waiting in line for a doctor appointment!!! U of M is the absolute best!!! If ANYONE can help him you know they will!!! Your Dr. doesn't have to rely on only his knowledge but they work in teams and put all those fantastic heads together on a regular basis---daily- or more frequently-- to evaluate and determine the best course of treatment!!!! I have so much faith in them!!! Marv is in good hands. My Daughters FIL had to come to the US to get simple antidepressants. He was on the verge of suicide in Canada and there was a waiting line for an appt for months!!!! Just rediculous. Our system isn't perfect but please don't give me what they have!!!

Archived