NQR---Prayers for my husband UPDATE (6)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you all for your prayers, for some reason I can't view past page 2, hopefully this will resolve the issue.

Just so you all know a little about Marvin and I. Marvin is 49 and I'm 47, we have been married 25 1/2 years and have 3 children. Joel 23 (who plans on going back to college this fall), Megan 19 (who got married this summer to Ben Smith) and Daniel 14 (you all have prayed many times for Daniel, he has Epilepsy). We started our own business 10 years ago this summer because the automotive factory Marv worked at was closing their doors. We live on a main highway and have a large front yard so we started selling Amish/Mennonite build sheds, cabins and gazebos. We also sell lawn and log furniture. I continued to work at the bank the first few years but it was getting to where Marv had to be closed so much to make deliveries or pick up product that customers weren't happy. So I quit the bank after lots of prayer 6 years ago, our business increased 48%. I would have my sewing machine in the office so I could quilt :) and customers would comment on how we need a quilt shop. The next year we turned one of our little cabins 12 x 24 into a quilt shop. Then I started machine quilting and the longarm came along shortly after. The fabric part of the shop has dwindled with a store in town that decided to carry fabric and has more revenue than I and space but my quilting continues. I haven't done much with Marv being sick but I have some awesome customers that said it's ok they whenever is fine. (Love those gals).

Marv has always loved motorcycles and the first year we were married rode a Gold Wing from Michigan to California and back. Long trip but it was awesome. We have had several since had a Harley a few years back. We sold it to pay off some debt but he always wanted another one. He found one this winter for a deal we couldn't pass up and before we knew any of this was going on. We purchased a used 2000 Road King Classic and the dealership had it in storage. Thursday the weather was beautiful and Marv felt well enough and he rode it home. His strength wasn't enough for me to ride with him so I was in the car with his Mom and cried most of the way home. He was thrilled to be back on a bike and his dream bike as well.

Things haven't always been easy for Marv and I and we have had some very rocky times. We almost divorce 13 years ago but thanks to God for directing us to a book called "The Five Love Languages" we worked things out and have been so close since. Marv's outlook on all of this is so amazing and God's peace that He has put on us is so comforting. I don't know what the outcome will be but I know I serve a mighty God. I thank him daily for the friends we have, whether I've personally met them or cyber met them you all are very precious to us.

Sorry so long but this was on my heart. ~hugs~

Guest Linda S

Sheryl - I'm praying for you both. I hope you can get some sort of medical support. My niece has had some cancer problems and, fortunately, the hospital in our area provides grants for those who have no insurance and cannot afford treatment. She was lucky enough to get one.

I'm sorry the diagnosis is not a good one, but I pray God will guide you either to recovery or to the maximum enjoyment of the time you have left together. I'm leaning towards recovery, but as you say it is not in our hands. God bless you both.

sheryl -

first of all, a big hug & lots of prayer from me for you and your hubby. this is not easy, i know.

second, i used to live in an ann arbor, and i can assure you that the folks and procedures at u of m hospital are cutting edge, you are in good hands.

keep the faith!

keep us posted.

Sheryl,

I am so sorry to hear this latest news. I read your personal info. and I know, you know, all good marriages have their ups and downs. You and Marv made it through that obstacle together, and you will go through this one together as well. I know your relationship with our God will pull you through whatever trials you have to endure.

OUr "QUILTING FAMILY" is behind you and we are all thinking of you and praying for you both. Anytime you need encouragement, you know where to go:)

Love and Hugs are in our thoughts.

Archived