Happy about the AQS show in Lancaster!

Hi all,

Been fighting off 2 infections while trying to get my long arm/rental store ready to open while doing customer quilts while chaffeuring kids - whew! No wonder I'm happy to be spending 4 days at the AQS show in Lancaster. I'll be working at the Pellon Legacy booth plus have lots of time to look and maybe shop !

Hope to meet some of you guys and gals there!

;):P:D:cool:;):P:D:cool:

I'll be there all 4 days between volunteering and classes. Will stop by the booth to say hi. There are a couple parking garages within a couple blocks and you can get a coupon for $7/day. Better to be closer than the shuttle which is $5/day!

I'm also looking forward to seeing Helen, the lovely lady that I bought my Lenni from (that I'll use in my rental store). Lorraine jst serviced this machine for her before I bought it!

Glad to finally match some faces with pictures from here! It's a wonderful place - lots of great people, lots of good information!

I just wanted to pass on some additional information about the Quilt show in Lancaster, PA.

I live in the Lancaster area and I am not planning to attend because of parking and shuttle problem. I thought I would pass along some information I just found out about. This show was held at the Host Resort on Lincoln Highway in the past and there is now a NEW quilt show being held there the same time as the show in Lancaster city. There is also the show across the street at Continental Inn as there has been in the past and it is FREE. This show does not have the larger & more recognizes vendors but it is new. This is part of a email I got several days ago:

http://www.lancasterquiltshow.com/

We are excited to return to Lancaster and sponsor our own show. The Quilter's Rule Lancaster Spring Quilt Show and the Lancaster Quilt Show at the Continental Inn are working together providing TWO shows across the street from each other in one convenient location on Lincoln Hwy. The Lancaster Host Resort is located at 2300 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, PA.

Featuring two Quilt Exhibits at the Lancaster Host Resort:

• Vintage Revisited - curated by Mary Kerr

• Quilters Treasure Challenge

• Quilter's Rule - Sponsor of the

• Lancaster Spring Quilt Show at the

Lancaster Host Resort

Lancaster, PA

March 16 - 19

Becky

I plan on going over to Route 30 to check out a few vendors there that I want to see.

This show is put on by AQS (the 2nd year) and why they chose the venue in downtown I don't know. The previous show was put on by a different company (private I think). Plus why they picked the 3rd week of March in central PA is beyond me - sometimes we have huge snowstorms here at that time!

I was asked by Pellon to work at the booth and I'm happy just to be at a quilt show for so many days - I just love it! What I'm not happy about is that even though I have a room right at the Mariott where it's being held I still get charged$14/day parking and if the garage attached to the hotel is full, then I have to park farther & walk (but it's not too far). We all have a choice to go or not - that is what makes the US great - freedom to choose!

Hoping to see lots of gorgeous quilts and find some goodies that I've been wanting!

Archived