Trillium

redjul31

Has anyone came up with a way to get the trillium to work well? I've tried it out several times on samples and CANNOT get the center intersections to work. Even Rob (who is great with these) can't get them to come out looking good. The first set of loops looks great, it is when I start doing the second line that they just overlap or look smushy. I love the design but am not sure if I may have to return this one.

I did get the waves and the cosmos - LOVE them both, my neighbors already want quilts done with them. Already have clams, spirals (Love both) and the zigzag (getting to know) and the 7 Treasures (working out the kinks.)

I'm going to try to call Michael tomorrow or Monday - hate to bother him on the weekend. I do love the look of it, but really need to figure out how to get it to not look so darn messy.

Julie

Just talked to Michael....thank you so much. Luckily he has several suggestions. On our way to try them out now, I have high hopes that this is all going to work out great. I love trillium...now I just need daisies and one with bubbble/circles all over! hint, hint!

Julie

Hi Julie. I have most of Michael's long boards and love them all! I have worked wth the Trillium and didn't have a problem, but I expect that Michael has already talked to you and sent you his diagram, so I won't try to offer advice. It is really quilte easy if you follow the pattern.

I just wanted you to know that with a bit of patience you will get it. Don't give up!

Sorry all, I wanted to post an update sooner, but I was too busy quilting!!! Yes, with the trillium. Looks great, will try to post a pic later.

I purchased a used machine from someone who passed away. Family who didn't know quilting had taken it apart. When we put it back together all seemed good. My DH realized that there were some very slight wobble in the bracket bar that holds the stylus assembly. He actually ground some metal off of a spacer and that made it very tight, no more wobble. He and Michael were chatting about it on the phone! Love Michael, he is so helpful and friendly.

We also checked to make sure the hopping foot was okay - it was. We did readjust the tension on the quilt itself to be more steady and easily reproduced.

So far it is working fantastic.

I'll go take a picture now!

Thanks. This picture is more recent, last month, in fact. Therefore I'm older....fuller face (more weight), and I no longer wear contact lens or makeup.

So it's more like I am now than the other one. Which was what I was when I was a "career woman" and worked for a living.

Although I sort of work now, I have no one to impress except my customers, and it's the quilting that impresses them, not makeup and business attire.

So now I wear what's comfortable and do what I enjoy doing....quilting tops, bringing them to life, hopefully.

Archived