Amelia working on a new quilt

Happy Spring everyone...I think I've finally come out of the winter dulldrums.

Yesterday, on spring break, I took my 7 year old shopping for the fabric for a throw quilt that will go into her new room. We are in the process of the architectural drawings for 2 new additions to our home; great room with 2 car garage and masterbed room suite, her bedroom, utility room, office and bonus room new sewing/quilting space.

She is very interested in having a Paris themed room. She picked blacks, whites, pinks and the three colors with a touch of green.

We will be using the Cryptogram quilt pattern in the new Fons and Porter magazine. It showcases sixteen 8.5 inch mini quilts inside larger quilt blocks. I thought that this would help work on her straight line piecing. Even if it gets a little wonky it gives the quilt blocks more character.

It will be lots of fun, and I'm so thrilled to have her be excited about quilting! Hooray!!! I thought this day would never come.

post--13461905810639_thumb.jpg

great fabrics...I just got the black with the dots to match a bright pink zebra print and pink with white dots, and bright lime green zebra and dots... but I made a tote bag!

there was also a black background with the green, white and pink in a stylized flower design.

That's going to be such a great quilt!

Archived