I'm having a blonde moment with panto

Not owning any of her patterns I can only take a gander at what they look like. If there is part of a previous row...you can make your own dot by lining up your quilting ruler...dot the previous row and then dot the new row in the same spot on the panto paper...your ruler if it is squared up with the edge of the paper or a horizontal line on the panto...dotting in the same spot is no problem. If you have no previous row...roll your quilt down to where you think you're not going to stitch on top of the first row...pull you machine along the last row stitched (you are not sewing...you are making sure that the next row of stitching is clear of the first row) across the whole top...if it interlocks pull the machine through all the hills and valleys. If the spacing is good...insert the needle in the top on the stitch line of the previous row...mark where the laser light hits the paper...use a ruler to line the dot up with the new row on the panto.

Hope that helps...

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA

You can also photocopy a section of the pattern, making sure you mark a vertical registration line first, then place the copy under the original, lining up the regi lines and tracing the placement for the next row.

With some of her patterns you can just turn the pattern upside down and use the dotted lines at the top instead of the bottom so you know how far to advance the next row.

I don't know if the Pocket Guides to Freehanding will be in Houston or not. I know I won't be. If one of my distributors decides to sell them there, that's up to them.

But why wait? I can get them in the mail tomorrow! :)

Here's a picture of the newly designed covers. NOW you won't lose them in the dark! LOL

Archived