Candle Wax on Quilt

Can anyone give any suggestions on how to get candle wax out of a quilt?

I had a tablerunner on the table with a candle burning, candle melted, overflowed holder and landed on quilt, to melt it's way all the way through to the backside even. I waited for it to cool, figured it would just peel off , but....... that didn't work out like I planned. So I haven't touched it, I don't know what to do.

Appreciate ya,

Sheila

Was it colored?? I have a red stain on a lace fire place mantel runner and a table runner from a red candle at Christmas time. I washed both of them in the washing machine, the wax came off, but not the red color. Heating it will melt the wax - I think that is why it came off in the washing machine.

Isn't there a website for Heloise's Helpful Hints? All I can think of is to use a paper towel and an iron...place the paper towel over and under the wax...use the hot iron to melt the wax, letting it absorb into the paper towel. Use enough paper towel so you don't get wax on the iron or ironing board. Careful if you have used polyester batt...you don't want the iron to melt it.

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA

• 14 years later...