Sold-Ultimate II

For Sale 1998-99 Ultimate II Photo

I have a 1998-99 UltimateII for sale, I have played with it never put a quilt on. Just purchased edgerider wheels, 3 panto's , extended base plate, spoon foot, 1/4 foot. 12' wooden table Plus laser light. Have purchase MC 11000 SE. $3000.00 OBRO

post--13461905824165_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Congrats Leslie. I'm sure the new owner will love her. It was a great buy! I've got one a lot like it that I've upgraded a bunch, and just love it. OK the way it is, or a good platform to build on. If you or she need any tips about improving performance, I'd be happy to offer my thoughts. Regards. Jim

Thanks Jim,

My friend is brand new to longarming and I think this is a great machine for her. When we went to look at it I was really impressed by how smooth it is. Maybe I'm a purist (or a sadist) but I think it's good for her to learn the basics on a completely manual machine and then decide what she might want or need to add.

One question, I wanted to check the motor brushes and couldn't find them. Any hints?

Leslie: The motor brushes are not externally accessible. You have to remove the rear section of the motor housing to get at them. I wouldn't worry about it though. Most longarm machines don't get used enough to wear out a set of brushes in a long time. This machine is only 12 or 13 years old. Probably years of life left in them. Just use some compressed air to blow out any carbon residue that might be in the motor. In the future if she has motor issues, she can take the motor off and take it apart to replace the brushes, but I wouldn't worry about it now. Jim BTW, if you take the motor off, you'll see the manufacture date which will correspond closely to the date the machine was made.

Archived