I HAVE A SECRET

:P MY DH WOULD KILL ME IF HE KNEW WHY I ASKED HIM TONIGHT IF WE COULD MAKE THE ATTIC INTO A SEWING ROOM. THE BIG SECRET IS I PUT DOWN A DEPOSIT ON A GRACE FRAME AND JAMONE LONG ARM MACHINE :D

HE LIKED THE IDEA OF MAKING A STAIRWAY AND ALL THE ABOVE BUT SAID NO MORE MACHINES!!! I AGREED SINCE I PUT DOWN A DOWN PAYMENT I FEEL LIKE IT WOULD BE GRANDFATHERED IN. SINCE HE IS A CARPENTER WE CAN DO THE WORK OURSELVES AND HE WILL ENJOY THE CHALLANGE NOW IF THAT IS NOT SLICK WHAT WOULD YOU CALL IT I CAN RETIRE IN FIVE YEARS WITH 30 YEARS IN SERVICE AND ONLY BE 50 SO IF I WANT IT I HAD BETTER GET IT NOW THEN THE THINGS YOU LADIES CAN TEACH ME

I JUST LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES INTO ACTION THANK ALL OF YOU FOR INSPIRING ME TO MAKE THE PLUNGE

Oh DEAR! When are you going to tell him? :o LOL You sound a lot like me. I bought my machine with five years till retirement. I, however, will be 55 when I retire. Just three more years now, and I have a good client base built up. I may not have to stand on the street corner with a sign that says, "Will Quilt for Food!" ;)

Hey, Linda.

I'm not ashamed to say that I WILL QUILT FOR FOOD! (and I have a full time job that pays well, too...LOL!!)

Seriously. Let's just say I love food and I love quilting, so if I can state both topics in one sentence then heck...there ain't nuthin better than that! Life doesn't get better than that. Food and qulting. Oh yes life is good.

;)

Shana

Princesstuck,

That sounds like something I would do. When I tell my Hubby, I usually say "I know your gonna be mad, but I bought**** today and I promise I won't get anything else, 'till I find something else I want.

That usually works untill next time. TEE HEE. He only gets mad for a little while and then I usually make him laugh or do something nice for him.

Well, I'm proud of you any way and good luck with your new machine and hopefully he won't get mad. If he does send him to me and I'll whip him with a wet noodle. :D:D:D

Best Wishes,

Donna Hays,

Fisherville, KY

When I up graded my DSM after 20 some years, I told my DH exactly what I wanted - for Christmas. He said, I don't know how to buy a sewing machine, if you know what you want go get it. I did!!;) But I was afraid to tell him, so I didn't tell him I bought it. Then I was making my granddaughter a dress for Christmas and that silly machine beeps when you do something...here came my DH and my DC(dear cat) down the hall way, and Rod said to the cat, "Cricket, I hear something beeping." BUSTED!! I still kept the price from him till we went to the state fair the next summer and there was a Janome dealer - she asked if I was interested in a machine and I said that I already have one and she asked what I gave for it.....I told her....he turned a walked away - fast!! Nothing else has ever been said....but I bet if I ask for another sewing machine for Christmas, he will go shopping:D

And speaking of wonderful husbands.....my DH did not attend

Innovations with me nor did he go to classes to learn things

to pass on to me.....Bekah. Your Miguel is a keeper. I bet he

spoils you rotten. :)

Whether you spoil yourself or somebody else helps you

along, we should all remember to take care of ourselves. We

all need a little pampering. I bet that most of us would not

hesitate to buy something for a loved one but we tend to

hold back spending $$ on ourselves. Hey, you can't take it

with you.

Celebrate like somebody left the gate open.:D

Oh LInda, thank you for those words. You are right, spending money on me is just something I don't do, unless it is to do with quilting, that is another story.

Yes, Miguel is a keeper. He had such a good time at Innovations and he has your card by the computer for when he unloads his camera. We have been too busy. He is working a night job to pay for my machine until I start getting clients, and beings I am still practicing that will be awhile.

I plan on learning to dance period, let alone with the gate open!:P

Archived