Zippers

Okay, after all the talk of Zippers - I took the plunge - Yippee...I ordered them from Janet & Mary (and John) at Country Lane - they came in the mail yesterday and I am so excited.

I have been doing my research and found that the Singer Touch and Sew 600 & 700 series does a chain stitch with a special foot plate and foot. I had decided to shop garage sales to find one and after about 3 weeks, low and behold today I found 2....one did not have the plate, but the other one had everthing. The one that had it all is at an estate sale. They want $160.00 (way too much for an older model machine). Compared to ebay at around $50. So I asked if I could make an offer - they said I could offer half :( They will be open until 3 tomorrow so I am going back with fabric to see if it works and then I am going to make an offer....but not $80.00

I'm telling you all this to say - keep your fingers crossed. I would rather have a cute little machine like Linda's, but I think this one is cheaper:)

• 1 month later...

Adding to the thread about a chainstitch machine:

Some of you were interested in Linda S's little darling. Wanted to let you know I have one for sale on Ebay...the auction ends on Sat. eve and the bid is only $49.00 at this time. It is not a portable, but in a nice walnut cabinet...a treadle and works like a dream. If you have more room than I do, you might enjoy ... http://cgi.ebay.com/Antique-Willcox-Gibbs-sewing-machine_W0QQitemZ260059954260QQihZ016QQcategoryZ605QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Archived