Quilt photos - recently finished

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow this one will go in my favs too. I really like how you carried your designs though out the quilt!!!!! Your lines and cruves are perfect!!!! Beautiful!!!! Thanks for all the photos! I really like the larger pictures!!! I can see the beautiful details!!!

Was just going to pop in to the forum and catch up....not going to sign on...but when I saw this quilt I had to sign on. Compliments to you on your beautiful quilting!!! I love your background fill, and, well, all of it! Going into my favorites. For the background filler did you stitch the small leaves at random or did you have a planned path before you stitched? Beautiful!

Libby - you asked which tool I used for the sashing - it was a tool I received with my first longarm machine ( a Nolting, bu t I now have an APQS millenium) and it's shaped a bit like a squashed clamshell! Sort of a long gentle convex curve and two concave curves either side. I just marked the centre of the sashing and sewed from corner to centre to corner and flipped the tool to do the opposite side. That formed the little diamond in the centre.

Carol - you asked how I did the small leafy background fill - random or planned? Very random!! And because leaves in nature are not identical, I didn't mind if my leaves were sometimes a bit unusual looking!

My friend was very pleased with the finished quilt - I think her hug and thanks were as important as the payment!

Archived