Quilts for Japan

Many of us may have received this notice, I just wanted to pass it along to those who didn't and wanted an outlet for helping the victims in Japan who have lost everything.

QUILTS FOR JAPAN

Our friend and EQ user, Japanese magazine editor Atsuko Ohta, has started a quilt project along with friends to make small quilts for the earthquake victims of Tohoku in Japan.

Here is an English website, giving details: http://shienquilt.tongtongquilt.com/?eid=3

Note they request quilts approximately 40" x 47" (1 m x 1.2 m) with flannel backing. Many will be for babies so no nylon thread, and no embellishments. Really simple quilts are perfect.

Shar

Thanks for posting this. I wondered if anyone had a contact for quilts/quilt blocks for Japan earthquake survivors.

I don't have any already made or much time but I do have some pretty panel fabric and some flannel I was about to donate to my Guild for Sunshine Quilts so may quilt those up. Time to try out my new pattern boards!

Living at Kinglake where we were on the receiving end of many quilts after the Black Saturday bushfires in 2009, a group of us will be getting together after Easter to reciprocate to our Japanese survivors.

Now Myrtle is running so well I will be able to quilt the tops.

Another positive thing to look forward to.:)

Archived