Quilt Shops in Indianapolis

Hi Don!

I lived on the North side of Indpls. for 22 years... LOVED it!

On the north side is "Quilts Plus" 1748 86th St. Across from North Central High School where my sons went to High school...

If you google "quilt shops in Indianapolis, IN" you will find 5 quilt shops as well as directions to them from downtown...

BTW, getting anywhere from downtown is only about 15 minutes... (depending on the traffic)

Have fun! It's a great place with plenty to do and lots of great restaurants.... There's also great shopping at "The Crossings" on the north side....

Enjoy!

I live about an hour and a half from Indianapolis and can recommend 2 that are close to downtown. My favorite shop ever is in Greenwood. It is just a little south of downtown. It is called the Back Door Quilts. Another super nice one is just a little north of downtown on 86th st I believe. It is called Quilts Plus. You can google them for directions. Indy is a wonderful city with a lot to see. If you like blues music...google ...the slippery noodle inn. It is awesome! St. Elmo's Steakhouse is pricey but wonderful (hang out for Peyton Manning). There is 1 more restaurant that is extremely reasonable and has the best food EVER but I can't think of it right now. I will post it later. We stay downtown a couple times a year for conferences at the convention center. I will post more later!

There is also Quilt Quarters in Carmel. If you like repros you will be in heaven at Quilts Plus. The shop is crammed full with many of them and also lots of great patterns. It is a good thing that there is two hours of driving tiime between me and that store!!

Michelle

I REMEMBER! The name is Houlihans and it is close to the major downtown hotels. We always walk to it. YUMMY deep fried mushrooms. It is on W. Maryland st. I believe. The weather is beautiful in Indy right now. Hopefully it will be pretty while you are there. An evening walk to the Capitol is nice. It is so pretty all lit up at night. Let us know how the trip goes!

Archived