Art Quilter Blissed Feathers

Even art quilters can do feathers with Bliss!!!! I would never have tried this without the Bliss - a whole quilt of feathers!!! Most of my quilting is thread play or not following any particular pattern, just freehand. Thought I would try doing feathers where I had to trace back over the already stitched areas and found it a lot of fun. What I can't get over is how I'm able to get round shapes any time I want them. Best decision I ever made was to buy the Bliss for my Millennium.

Vicki

Here's a side view of the whole quilt.

This is King Tut in a green variegation thread which really shows up well on the white and blends well everywhere else. This quilt had some poochies in some blocks since it was made on the bias in Tube Quilting fashion but was able to flatten it with the feathers. Yippee!

Hope it brings a good price at the Arts Council of North Phoenix auction the end of this month. It's lap size at 58"x68".

Vicki

post--13461905916922_thumb.jpg

you did a beautiful job on this quilt...it is gorgeous.

it's hard for me to see what you have quilted in the borders. any chance you would 'splain? love the back, too.

and, just so you know, you guys are killing me with the bliss envy! and i still havent even driven it yet.

Thanks guys for your encouraging praise. Here's a close up of the border stitching. I often use the print to decide the design. In this case the front side border had a green batik that reminded me of fern leaves and so I used that as a guide to stitch these shapes. It doesn't show up well on the front side, except at a close up look, but on the back you can see the idea more plainly of what I was trying to do. I often let the fabric tell me what it wants.

Joy and Mom were really pleased with this quilt and now Joy is going to get the binding on this weekend.

Vicki

post--13461905918913_thumb.jpg

Archived