Stitch Regulator Useage

If you find a very similar message somewhere on this site forgive me!! I think I hit "Enter" by mistake and it took off into space!!:D Sorry about that!

Again...I am interested in how much you use your SR (if you have one). I use mine for SID, of course and in several other ways. However, I find that sometimes it interferes with my "flow" and I have to turn it off. For instance, if I am writing someone's name in the quilt, especially in small letters, I do a much better job with the SR turned off.

Am I crazy?? :o

Thanks All!!

Many blessings,

njw

I don't think you're crazy but . . I don't really know you!:D

So far, I haven't turned my S/R off. I've had it since mid-July and I use it for everything.

What interferes with your "flow"? Is it the sound the regulator makes? I usually have headphones on while quilting so I hardly hear any noise from the machine.

Goodness . . I just love my S/R!

I've tried quilting with and without the stitch regulator. Works pretty much the same for me, except that with the stitch regulator, I can stop and think when I want to or take an extra few seconds to shuffle my feet over to the side! ;) It's on pretty much all the time now. I don't really see much point in turning it off. I do pause it every now and again, but I stitch with it constantly.

Linda

Well, maybe now I KNOW I'm crazy!! I really must discover why the SR makes me feel more awkward! By the way, the sound doesn't bother me at all.

All of the classes I've taken previously have been on Gammills so it isn't exactly the same, is it......Well in Oct I am going to take an all day (and maybe even 2 days!!) class from Deloa Jones. I am SO excited to take her classes and for her to observe me on a machine like my own.

Thanks for letting me know you use your SR all of the time. I've had a couple of other Millennium people tell me that and I was amazed. I seriously wonder what my problem is! I must work on this issue!

blessings,

Nancy

I have had my machine for 3 years and I didn't use it too much at first because I was doing meander. I have it on all the time for most of my quilting including pantos, which are very few. I don't use it at all when I'm doing free form fill, meander or another pattern that is very familiar to me, I think it's smoother without the regulator on. So I would say 75% on and 25% off.:D

Hester M

I leave mine on all of the time. The noise does get to me at times, espically when there is a good storyline on the soaps.

BTW, I think I am the only machine owner that does not know how to stipple. Have had tons of peeps tell me that they will come over and show me, but they never call. Guess I will have to do a major beg session at the next guild meeting.

Blessings and hugs,

Tracey

I use mine all the time. The only time I don't use it is when I am doing supersmall stippling or background quilting, since it doesn't seem to be all that necessary and my Milli seems to run more smoothly without it on the really small stuff, even if the stitches are not "perfect".

I wouldn't purchase a machine without a regulator.

I didn't use mine for about the first month. I think the whole machine was somewhat intimadating...and between the beep, and the sort of grinding noise ...it scared me. Now, however, I use it almost all the time. Beginning with basting the batt to the back, I love it!! The grinding noise I found was my hesitation...poor machine didn't know if we were going....or not. Some free motion work seems to flow better with it off, but as soon as I have a thread pile up I turn it back on!

Cheryl

I have to say I love the stitch regulator, but I recently tried without and there is a freedom of movement, but my stitching on the back is not as nice, so for most things other than mine I will keep the stitch regulator on. I barely hear the beep, but I play music or the tv is talking. We live by the expressway and you get use to the sound and block it out. Same think with The Stitch regulator I think.:D

Archived