canning jars quilt

Need ideas on how to quilt large lap size quilt of 35 canning jars of fruits and vegetables without doing oodles and starts and stops. This is a freebie for a friend, and I'm tempted to do just a meander, as any kind of pattern will have so many starts and stops. Another idea is to stipple the white space around the jars and do something in the sashing and borders. Any ideas?

Sharon G

Thanks for the suggestions. I really appreciate them. Was hoping for a miraculous way to do it without a lot of starts and stops, but figured out the borders and sashing and then did stipple around the jars, did 4 horizontal lines on the jar caps and after googling canning jars, wrote "Ball" at an angle across the jars, which was a Mason jar label, and that way I could do each jar block with one swoop. With 35 jars there were too many different kinds, including a lot of blueberries and small items to try to outline what was inside the jars. This did cure me of wanting to piece a similar quilt, and that's good, as I have way too many of my "to do" list as it is.

Sharon G

Archived