Sign in to follow this  
jans

Red Snappers?

I've been reading some of the previous posts about Red Snappers vs. Leadergrips. From what I've read it sounds like Red Snappers work better. Who out there has either and has opinions?

I'd have to sew a casing on my leaders. Is that hard to do? Hard to get it nice and straight, I mean?

Also, I have a 2002 machine and my leaders seem a little out of whack? Any ideas on that?

As always thanks for the advice.

Jan

Maxine my Millenium

http://quiltchat.wordpress.com/

Out of everything I have ever bought for my machine quilting, the red snappers are on the top of the list. Every time I put on a new quilt, turn a quilt, or have to put a quilt back on the frame because I missed a spot, I tell my husband, "Have I told you today how I love these things?" It's become quite a joke now between us. I've had them a few months now and I still smile about them on every load.

www.webshots.com/user/victoriasews

www.Fiberobsessive.blogspot.com

Innova and Intelliquilter

Red snappers came in about a month ago, but still have not put them on, but I did buy new leaders from APQS, mine were old and stained, my milly is a 2004 and guess it was in a garage or somewhere for quite some time before it became mine.

I know I am going to love them once on.

9f797ea378c8e18b1c167f2369cc32f2.png

APQS Sales France

Blissed Millie

Quiltazoid equipped

h ttp://suzanspatchworkgarden.blogspot.com/

I have the Leadergrips. I like them (most of the time). I was doing crosshatch and couldn't get close enough to the top of the quilt. Machine kept getting caught on the leadergrips. I had to take them off and pin the fabric to the leader.

I ,also, have a request. I need a 12' piece of leader fabric at least 18" wide. I need to put it on my leaders to make a pocket for the leadergrips. I tried grograin ribbon that didn't work so I put on an additional piece of regular fabric. It is too thin and leadersgrips don't grip tight. If someone has a piece of the leader fabric and would like to sell it to me please contact me. thanks,

Jan

I just love my leadergrips, I would not turn a quilt for borders, Now I have no problem with turning for borders, done in a snap, red snap that is.

Also, Marshall Dry Goods is were I purchased my Cotton Duck for new Leaders, nice heavy fabric., Just Google them.

Laura:D:D

Guest Linda S

I've bought the red snappers, but I also have not put them on yet. I have zippered leaders and am most likely just going to make a small leader with a pocket for using the red snappers. Reason? I have a Liberty, which is small, and from what I've read, the snappers can be a problem when you've got the quilt coming up on your take-up roller and it positions itself at the back of the roll facing the throat of the machine. This would be problematic for me when using my big Circle Lord boards for things like spiral, where one row needs to fit into the next. I can't just adjust how much quilt is out there to get rid of that fullness. One of these days I'll get it together and load them up!

Linda