Binding

I charge 10 cents per inch for attaching and hand stitching on the back. I don't really make any money on it but I can do it at home in front of the TV or while I'm at the Post Office (my other job). And...sewing at the PO has gotten me 3 other customers, they didn't know I was a quilter and then got to see my work at the same time... Gee, how things work out... (she says batting her eyes sweetly;))

I charge $2.50 pre linear foot to make, stitch and hand whip the binding down...I charge $1.50 per linear foot if they make the binding then I stitch and hand whip down... I charge .75 per linear foot if they make the binding and I only stitch it on and the customer hand whips it down.

It seems like a lot, but it does take TIME...plus it is not my favorite thing to do...I would rather quilt than bind. Know wonder alot of my own projects still need the binding whipped down. Oh well, another day when my daughter is home she will help me:)

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA

your correct if you are going to use a figure of regular dollar and cents.... but if you are going to use linear feet its a formula of 99+99+77.5+77.5= 353 inches divide by 12 inches times what ever you decide ($1.50, $2.50 or $3.00).

if you use the $1.50 figure it will be an answer of $44.12

if you use the $2.50 figure it will be an answer of $73.54

if you use the $3.00 figure it will be an answer of $88.24

hope this helps....

Archived