Pfaff Mega/Grand Quilter 18.8 AutoStitch & Qbot

Hello! I'm hoping someone can help me. I purchased a Pfaff 18.8. The instruction manual is very uninformative. The Auto Stitch will only stitch for 1 inch, it beeps and stops stitching. This happens no matter how fast I'm moving the handles. The same issue happens when the Qbot it engaged. Has anyone had similar problems? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've spend hours on this and have been unable to get any assistance from the store I purchased it from. It was a floor model and they no longer have the machine. Thanks in advance!

I believe the 18" Megaquilter is the same as the Tin Lizzy Machine. There are yahoo groups for the Megaquilter/Pfaffgrandquilter and Tin Lizzy. I think both are very helpful, though the Tin Lizzy people didn't seem to realize they were the same. I haven't been active since I got my Millie in 2009.

The moderator for the PfaffGrandquilter group has the 18" machine and she is very helpful. Search under Pfaffgrandquilter.

• 8 years later...
On 4/17/2011 at 1:40 PM, Bshambaugh said:

Hello! I'm hoping someone can help me. I purchased a Pfaff 18.8. The instruction manual is very uninformative. The Auto Stitch will only stitch for 1 inch, it beeps and stops stitching. This happens no matter how fast I'm moving the handles. The same issue happens when the Qbot it engaged. Has anyone had similar problems? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've spend hours on this and have been unable to get any assistance from the store I purchased it from. It was a floor model and they no longer have the machine. Thanks in advance!

Did you get an answer to this question? I am having the exact problem with my Pfaff 18.8