Top Machine Quilting Books

These may not be beginner books, but they sure are inspirational to me....

I love anything that Irena Bluhm puts out. She is an amazing quilter and teacher. Her books are inspiring and well-written. Each page is filled with lots of freehand deigns, clearly illustrated, lots of pictures. "Quilt of a Different Color" her techniques for "coloring wholecloth quilts, and "Blooming Backround Designs" with step by step instructions.

One book that I reference quite frequently is Bluhm's Gammill Workstation Book - Freehand Embellishment. If you have Circle Lord/Quiltazoid templates to quilt the basic shapes, she has tons of ideas for embellishment.

If you have an opportunity to take one of her classes, I would recommend it highly.

Although books are nice to have as reference, this forum is wonderful for inquiring about techniques; and there are many online classes and DVD's specifice to longarming if you are a visual learner.

Darlene's trilogy for sure with DeLoa's Sampler book as well. These books cover overalls, sashings and borders, and how to quilt traditional blocks in several different ways. That is everything you will ever face--except for perhaps a wholecloth.

The Linda Taylor book is fabulous and the first book I purchased. But it is not so much a design book as a guide to starting the process of longarming--including advice on setting up a business.

Archived